Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default Re: The Terminator : T-800 (Police Station Shootout) 1:2

It is cool, but the face definitely needs re-working, probably completely re-doing in fact. Not that it matters to me as 1/2 is too big. This in 1/3 with a much better face sculpt and I'll throw money at it.....

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by KoBE View Post
    There are no critical comments about the face sculpt on their FB. Someone said they?re deleting those comments

This is nothing new, I was banned from that group for making a really inoffensive and constructive post about one of their Alien products. I didn't even have any notice or warning etc, I just couldn't access the group the next time I tried. I pm'd one of the few decent mods and he said somebody had banned me but he wasn't sure why. It's a really good group for info, but certain mods are power hungry and vindictive sadly.

Looks like Jai Courtney without the Gargoyles. Not a fan of the giant scale, the price it will fetch, or the rumored use of silicone (which both further inflates the price and brings the potential longevity down).

A lot of negative points against a character design that should've been a home run for a company like Prime 1.

Super Freak
    Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    This is nothing new, I was banned from that group for making a really inoffensive and constructive post about one of their Alien products. I didn't even have any notice or warning etc, I just couldn't access the group the next time I tried. I pm'd one of the few decent mods and he said somebody had banned me but he wasn't sure why. It's a really good group for info, but certain mods are power hungry and vindictive sadly.
    I have no interest in this piece OR the franchise - but spotted this post of yours.

Now THAT is a huge black mark against PRIME1 as far as I am concerned. Makes me re-think becoming a customer - maybe I won't order their Jungle Hunter and City Hunter after all

Quote Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
    Isn't silicon decomposes after 10 years? I am just asking. I heard these rumors before. Or this was the case with the old movie props but they are now using different materials which are last a lifetime.
    Yes,even high quality platinum silicone will start degrading after a couple decades. If you want it to last a lifetime,it needs to be made out of high quality resin or polystone and kept away from UV light.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a-dev View Post
    Maybe the comments are going to be taken on board but they just don't want highly visible negativity about it on facebook that might jeopardize sales - that would be my optimistic speculation on the deletions.

But yeah, there are issues.

I think the face is too wide at those cheekbones and the forehead and hairline seem all kinds of wrong - there's this triangular shape going on. A triangle with the top cut off.

The forehead lines - yes he has them - but I don't even think they're that pronounced in 2019. So the forehead overall looks strange, excessively neanderthalish.

Below that I'm finding the mouth too pouty, not unlike that Darkside collectibles sculpt. Maybe they're going for a particular expression but it just isn't working.
    I agree with EVERYTHING you said here, but I wasn't going to get completely critical right out of the gate. Figured I'd hit the most glaring issue. I did see some negative remarks posted in the last couple of hours, but they probably haven't had a chance to delete them yet. I can't believe some of the comments praising this to no end. Do these people actually know what Arnold looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
    I agree with EVERYTHING you said here, but I wasn't going to get completely critical right out of the gate. Figured I'd hit the most glaring issue. I did see some negative remarks posted in the last couple of hours, but they probably haven't had a chance to delete them yet. I can't believe some of the comments praising this to no end. Do these people actually know what Arnold looks like?
    Could be sporting rose-tinted glasses for a Terminator design we seldom see.

If it were the Tech Noir version, you'd have a least a couple folks claiming the statue as their kid's godfather.

the head/face color is bad and the hair... argghhh but the proportions looks really really well done i can see arnold

Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
    Could be sporting rose-tinted glasses for a Terminator design we seldom see.

If it were the Tech Noir version, you'd have a least a couple folks claiming the statue as their kid's godfather.
    Rose colored glasses huh........we're often suggesting how the sunglasses have a way of improving the likeness of a Terminator statue that is off. If I had seen the shot of the face without the glasses before the one with the glasses, I might have tried to convince myself of that. Neither glasses on the statue nor rose colored glasses on me can save this.
    Last edited by rjszar; 10-13-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailMegs View Post
    the head/face color is bad and the hair... argghhh but the proportions looks really really well done i can see arnold
    Don't mean to be an ass, but where do you see Arnold?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	227CED26-4ECC-4852-8BF9-FFFBFBF41310.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	468237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MakeMyDay_TheTerminator_04-1-1600x900-c-default.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	468238