Statue Prime 1: The Terminator - T-800 (Police Station Shootout) 1:2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Prime 1 Studio said:
?I'll be back?
Come see this new reveal in person 1:2 Scale Statue at the new Prime 1 Gallery Shop Theme this month!
#theterminator #terminator #t800 #endoskeleton #behindthescene #prime1 #prime1studio #newreveal

FtuTa7q.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Terminator : T-800 (Police Station Shootout) 1:2

1/2 scale police shootout from P1

Not good at this point. Looks old and haggard. Area around cheeks is wrong. Get a-dev in here to critique this.

Wait for more pics. It was probably done by Hossein Diba ago is masterful. Though at 1/2 scale I'm already priced out.

Same here. It is too expensive for me at this point. I will have the endoskeleton but I don't have more room for 1/2. I was hoping for 1/3 size. It looks great anyway. Maybe a little too old looking.

I made a pleasant comment on Facebook about wanting this really bad and it looking old and P1 deleted my comment. Unbelevable. Couple of people even agreed with me. I just asked them to take a look at the cheek area.

5char

Last edited:

I made a pleasant comment on Facebook about wanting this really bad and it looking old and P1 deleted my comment. Unbelevable. Couple of people even agreed with me. I just asked them to take a look at the cheek area.

So they are now censoring comments like this? WTF?

I just wanted them to examine the cheek area a bit. It was all cordial. Couple of people agreed with me and they got zapped too. Glad to know they think this is PERFECT as is. That'll make it easier for me to order.

Actually still had my comment open in a separate screen. Is this worthy of being deleted?

Raymond Szarmach I've been waiting and waiting for this, but I have to say that it looks a little off. I really want this to be perfect and I'll wait to see more pictures, but the face looks a little old and it's probably because of the area around the cheeks. Maybe too angular. Please please please continue to make tweaks to this. I know you are always looking to improve. I have the endo on order and I want these two to be the centerpieces of my Terminator collection.

Last edited:

I just wanted them to examine the cheek area a bit. It was all cordial. Couple of people agreed with me and they got zapped too. Glad to know they think this is PERFECT as is. That'll make it easier for me to order.

Yeah, those cheeks make me think they got the wrong dude from the movie. Brian Thompson, anyone?

Nice pictures, but they don't help with the face issue. Any others?

Needs work

Attachments

• 450EF82A-409A-49ED-8EF2-A6B3A5B4B379.jpg
    450EF82A-409A-49ED-8EF2-A6B3A5B4B379.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 533

That's even worse than I thought. How can you be that far off at this scale?

Reminds me of the Sideshow print, just an interpretation of Arnold.
227CED26-4ECC-4852-8BF9-FFFBFBF41310.jpg
the-terminator-cyberdyne-systems-model-101_terminator_square.jpg

Really bad likeness on this imo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There are no critical comments about the face sculpt on their FB. Someone said they?re deleting those comments [emoji2371]

There are no critical comments about the face sculpt on their FB. Someone said they?re deleting those comments [emoji2371]

yep, deleted mine and they were just helpful critiques.

It is very sad to hear guys. Anyway Kelvin Loke just confirmed there wont be a 1/3 or 1/4 scale statue.

When is P1's next theme based display show?

Maybe the comments are going to be taken on board but they just don't want highly visible negativity about it on facebook that might jeopardize sales - that would be my optimistic speculation on the deletions.

But yeah, there are issues.

I think the face is too wide at those cheekbones and the forehead and hairline seem all kinds of wrong - there's this triangular shape going on. A triangle with the top cut off.

The forehead lines - yes he has them - but I don't even think they're that pronounced in 2019. So the forehead overall looks strange, excessively neanderthalish.

Below that I'm finding the mouth too pouty, not unlike that Darkside collectibles sculpt. Maybe they're going for a particular expression but it just isn't working.

Isn't silicon decomposes after 10 years? I am just asking. I heard these rumors before. Or this was the case with the old movie props but they are now using different materials which are last a lifetime.

Back