Statue PCS Optimus Prime Large statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
Getting this and Megs. Sculpt is ready. should show in couple of weeks

Attachments

• oppcs.jpg
    oppcs.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 233
  • pcsops.jpg
    pcsops.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
For those of you going all in on this line, I truly hope they improve on their full decal applications to get that cell shading effect right.

As after receiving that smaller Optimus piece, I personally gave up on the line.

For those of you going all in on this line, I truly hope they improve on their full decal applications to get that cell shading effect right.

As after receiving that smaller Optimus piece, I personally gave up on the line.

Why? I personally couldn't be happier with Optimus. I think the cell shading looks good.

Why? I personally couldn't be happier with Optimus. I think the cell shading looks good.

I hate that it’s covered from head to toe in thinly applied decals. There’s almost not a lick of paint anywhere on the figure accept for the black panel lines!

Also on mine the decals were not applied accurately on top of the underlining sculpt, which resulted in imprints in the decal from underneath occurring (see waist area on the photos); also breaks in the decal because of the misaligned empty space between the sculpt and the flat decal, one of which occurred just by lightly touching the area. Also there where more then a few spots where punctures occurred, again because of empty space between sculpted panel lines and correctly aligned decals applied directly on top. Also there was excess decal around the windscreen areas, which when touched would flake off. I thought I posted photos of this previously, maybe in one of the other threads and or forums.

I‘ve seen statues where decals were used to create particular designs because they can’t be painted in exacting standards, like even on the Prime 1 Optimus, but they were stronger decals and a top coat was applied on top. Here nothing was applied, which is ridiculous. I learned to put a clear coat on top of decals when I was a kid putting together models etc, but here PCS hasn’t done a thing, making the decals easily prone to damage, even if they were properly aligned, which they’re not.

E3523983-C4F1-48C8-9DFA-9BBF38C73B2C.jpg

AB5D887B-684F-4BD9-874F-13F75208AEDF.jpg

3F123F14-2E4B-45EE-AFC3-3563C76BE8F2.jpg

This is one of the few times I’ve returned a piece because of what I saw as truly horrible execution. I did wonder how they were going to achieve the cell shading effect. And I thought it was possible they might apply a few decals here and there, but not every square inch of the figure. The only part that is fully painted is the base.

Sorry you had such bad luck with yours. I couldn't be happier with mine and can't wait for Grimlock.

0007581_optimus-prime-g1-museum-scale-statue-collectors-edition.jpeg

OPTIMUS PRIME - G1 MUSEUM SCALE STATUE
- Retail price : $800
- Approx Dims 28”H x 17”W x18”D
- Est Ship Date: Oct- Dec 2020
- Edition Size : 800
- Includes:

Polystone figure
Stylized 'Cel-Shaded' Paint Deco
Cybertron Themed Environmental Base
Certificate of Authenticity

LINK

0007671_optimus-prime-g1-museum-scale-statue-ex.jpeg

OPTIMUS PRIME - G1 MUSEUM SCALE STATUE - EX
- Retail price : $800
- Approx Dims 28”H x 17”W x18”D
- Est Ship Date: Oct- Dec 2020
- Edition Size : 400
- Includes:

Polystone figure
Stylized 'Cel-Shaded' Paint Deco
Swap-Out Right Arm with Energon Axe
Cybertron Themed Environmental Base
Certificate of Authenticity

LINK

For $800, are these decals too, or is this one going to be painted?

That’s the million dollar question.

But decals themselves aren’t always a problem. I believe the Prime 1 pieces also use decals (but probably only partially, and certainly not head to toe like PCS’s), but their application is so much better imo, at least using the smaller scale Optimus as a reference.

Back