1/6 New General Maximus figure by HY Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head sculpt likeness is way off to me, but theres other versions to swap it out with, and it's nice a new set is getting released for him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They took modern-day Russell Crowe cheeks and applied them to his 1999 body... :rotfl

Will they make the other armor is what I want to know since I missed out on the last sets offered and was counting on BCS.

Other than the wonky head sculpt this isn't bad. I'll likely pick up the deluxe with the screaming head. I have the old armor and a couple of heads so can mix and match if necessary. Will probably get the horse as well. Hopefully they'll do a gladiator version so I can upgrade.

I'll be fine with the regular version and simply replace the head with a great looking one I picked up from Ebay. I believe it was a re-sculpt of the HT Jor-El.

If anyone is considering that sculpt, do keep in mind that there are a couple of versions out there. I got burned with a bad looking one before picking up a nice one.

I didn't like the "battle" version, with blood splashed all over the place.

The Deluxe wasn't worth it, in my opinion, as the base was painted rather like something for a fish tank.

The regular was perfect for me. I only wish that they had included the second sword but I think I have a spare around here somewhere that may work.

I didn't like the "battle" version, with blood splashed all over the place.

The Deluxe wasn't worth it, in my opinion, as the base was painted rather like something for a fish tank.

The regular was perfect for me. I only wish that they had included the second sword but I think I have a spare around here somewhere that may work.

really? Headsculpt looks like he was Netflixing for 3 months with tons of pizza and chicken wings. He looks fat and short.

I'm pretty sure they are still available on Ebay. They used a Hot Toys Jor-El sculpt as the base and tweaked the hair, for the most part. There are a few different versions out there, so be careful. I got a good one initially, tried to go cheap on the second sculpt and it was not as good both sculpt and paint apps-wise, so I ended up ordering from the original seller.

Here is the sculpt on my Gladiator/Spaniard figure. (Still trying to find "the" perfect body and a replacement for the boots...)

IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0123.jpg

I think that?s the same sculpt I have on my ACI General Maximus figure. It?s quite good.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure they are still available on Ebay. They used a Hot Toys Jor-El sculpt as the base and tweaked the hair, for the most part. There are a few different versions out there, so be careful. I got a good one initially, tried to go cheap on the second sculpt and it was not as good both sculpt and paint apps-wise, so I ended up ordering from the original seller.

Here is the sculpt on my Gladiator/Spaniard figure. (Still trying to find "the" perfect body and a replacement for the boots...)

View attachment 489676
View attachment 489677

Is that this one here?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gladiato...970939?hash=item3f57dbeebb:g:TTEAAOSwp5JWVoM1

Back