1/6 Rene Belloq upgrade - Raiders of the Lost Ark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
And it is time to reveal Raiders custom upgrade figure #5...

Dr. RENE BELLOQ

Lots of work on this one and hopefully it shows. Besides the obvious clothing changes, the original Sideshow suit has been fully retailored -- including re-sizing the coat pockets smaller, letting out the pants, narrowing the sleeves, changing the buttons, and I even moved the "back strap" on the back of the jacket to the correct position. I learned a lot on attacking this suit. All the usual fixes too: repainted shoes, real band on hat, new watch, hands, repainted the head and even added a little tussle of hair, etc...

Wor-Gar Belloq 1.jpg

Wor-Gar COMP 1 Belloq Hat, No Hat.jpg

Wor-Gar COMP 2 Belloq Hat, No Hat.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic work once again! It's amazing how you've been able to make that original, cheap looking outfit actually look classy and elegant now. I wouldn't have thought that would be possible. :clap

Looks so much better. I have all of the sideshow figures and the Belloq figure doesn't resemble Paul Freeman at all. Nice job sir.

Great to see these photos, really enjoying them WorGar

And yes, I still remember the first versions of your Toht and Dietrich

Keep them coming

And curious, have you ever started a Nick Nack?

Thanks again all!

It's amazing how you've been able to make that original, cheap looking outfit actually look classy and elegant now.

That's very kind.

And in keeping with my other upgrades, here's a couple before-and-afters...

This first one shows original 2009 Belloq outfit (Cairo bar outfit) versus what I did (Tanis Dig outfit):

Wor-Gar COMP Original v New 4.jpg

And this one compares the Tanis dig adjustment I did way back then...

Wor-Gar COMP Original v New 3.jpg

And here's the head repaint... I know its rough, I'm still learning...

Wor-Gar COMP Orig vs Repaint Head.jpg

And yes, I still remember the first versions of your Toht and Dietrich

And curious, have you ever started a Nick Nack?

:lol Maybe I'll post those original figures I made after all this is done. They are so horrible it could be fun.

And no, sadly I never started a Nick Nack because the head sculpt never came to fruition. I still want to tackle a Nick Nack one day though.

But don't remind me... after all these Raiders upgrades, I feel like I now have to upgrade all those Bond characters I made in 2011-2013... :slap

Last edited:
Amazing work all around! Belloq looks great! Wow, lot of different skills on display in bringing him to life. Awesome job!

Excellent job on Belloq!

I think that his sculpt was weak to begin with but you've managed to bring out the most of it. Great job on the clothing, as well.

Back