1/6 Arnold Toht upgrade - Raiders of the Lost Ark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Continuing with the custom parade, I present Custom #4 which is a total upgrade of the 2009 Sideshow figure and my avatar namesake --

Major ARNOLD TOHT

Toht 4.jpg

Toht 1.jpg

Toht 5.jpg

I still feel there's work to be done on this one, but then is any figure ever truly finished...?

Excellent job! That was one of SS’s few older figures that had good bones. Just put some effort into it and it makes a great figure.

Thank you all once again! Really appreciate the feedback!

What glasses are those Wor-Gar?

Those are the legendary John Lennon glasses from Molecule8. Took me a very, very long time to finally get a pair -- in fact, this figure was finished before I acquired them which is why I actually don't have too many photos with the new glasses. I had another pair, DiD Ito glasses, which were better than Sideshow's goggles but still a little Elton John-nish.

Excellent job! That was one of SS’s few older figures that had good bones. Just put some effort into it and it makes a great figure.

I actually did a lot of new tailoring on his suit. Not sure if you can see but I repositioned the 6 buttons on his jacket and raised the lapel closure to be more accurate. I also narrowed the tie. And narrowed the sleeves (which hardly show). Also shortened the body, which you can see in the comparison below...

Before and after...

Wor-Gar Toht before-after COMP 2.jpg

Wor-Gar Toht before-after COMP 4.jpg

I've got a lot to learn about painting heads, but here's the before and after on this one...

Wor-Gar head before-after COMP 1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is a huge, night and day, difference! He looks amazing! Love the paintwork and everything!

Wow, Molecule8 made some great glasses. That's a company on the rise, for sure. Ha ha.

Thank you all once again! Really appreciate the feedback!

Those are the legendary John Lennon glasses from Molecule8. Took me a very, very long time to finally get a pair -- in fact, this figure was finished before I acquired them which is why I actually don't have too many photos with the new glasses. I had another pair, DiD Ito glasses, which were better than Sideshow's goggles but still a little Elton John-nish.

I actually did a lot of new tailoring on his suit. Not sure if you can see but I repositioned the 6 buttons on his jacket and raised the lapel closure to be more accurate. I also narrowed the tie. And narrowed the sleeves (which hardly show). Also shortened the body, which you can see in the comparison below...

Before and after...

View attachment 466897

View attachment 466898

I've got a lot to learn about painting heads, but here's the before and after on this one...

View attachment 466899

Your repaint is really good Wor-Gar. I love the suit alterations also. I need to update Toht as well. He was always such a great villain. I was glad to get into 1/6th when I did. I was able to get all of the Indy's when they came out.

Looks great. Still have one in the box. Sold my first one with upgraded glasses. Repaint really is awesome and shows SS can put out some good sculpts.

Fantastic! Huge difference with your modifications. And I think you repaint looks great.

Every time I see this figure, I always picture him telling Marion at her Tibetan bar, "... we are.. eh.. not thirsty..."

Thank you again, guys! All this wonderful support really means a lot to me. :bow

Next week, Raiders custom #5 will be revealed...

And yes, the right glasses add so much to this figure. Of all the issues with Sideshow Toht, his signature spectacles were the thing that most bothered me -- right on his face of all things.

Here's another look at the difference...

Wor-Gar Toht Glasses COMP  9-25-19.jpg

When you consider that Toht's head is about the size of your thumb you realize just how small those little round glasses are. They're pretty incredible... considering the source.

Back