Any experience with Pax Sliding Doors with full-door clear panels?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badbob001

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
From this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKGO3t9UISs, for each sliding door of the pax, it looks like it is possible to leave out the three middle horizontal bars and instead of using 4 sheets per door, just use a single acrylic sheet. In the video, it is mentioned that the sheet should be 39 3/8" x 76 11/16" (for 78 3/4x79 1/8" sliding door frame). Can anyone confirm this? Thickness is not mentioned but the original smaller panels are 1/8" so I'm going to assume I need to stick to that thickness.

Has anyone tried this hack? Would 1/8 sheet of this size be too weak and may pop out? Anyone tried it with glass instead? Ikea's original panels are glass but none are clear. Probably not a good idea for a single 4x+ larger glass sheet if the glass is only 1/8" thick.

Another photo from unknown source:
IMG_9560-001.JPG

I did the one sheet per door mod on mine and I’d recommend measuring your doors and ordering the material afterward. They’ve changed the doors a bit since I got mine so the measurements might have changed a bit.

Did you have any luck with this? Been shopping around for acrylic for my frames. Might end up just taking them to a shop and have them assess... scared to be off at all lol

Back