Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Freakazoid
    Feedback

Default Re: Anyone else having a lot of issues on the new forum server?

Quote Originally Posted by canofhumdingers View Post
    Just today I?m randomly getting a message that my IP has been blocked by the admin. But it?s totally random on whether it will give me that message or let me access the board normally. Sometimes it won?t let me in at all, while others it will randomly give me that message while I?m in the middle of browsing the site. Sometimes just hitting back and then clicking the link again will make it work correctly and sometimes I?ll get totally stonewalled repeatedly being told my ip is blocked. Very frustrating.
    Yes I too keep getting the IP banned page as well. Glad to know it's not just me now.

I'm getting a few of "Database error in DragonByte SEO 2.0.3:". Is this the same for anyone else?

Dark Beagle of the Sith MODERATOR
    Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    Quote Originally Posted by MedievaL View Post
    I'm getting a few of "Database error in DragonByte SEO 2.0.3:". Is this the same for anyone else?
    This and I keep getting randomly logged out in various forums and threads.
    Hidden Content
    The Beagle Strikes again, make'n the homies say ho and the girlies wanna scream!

Just noticed that I don’t seem to be able to use the multi-quote option in responding to forum posts.
    Hidden Content
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers
    that it can bribe the public with the public's own money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, 1835

It?s very buggy trying to visit this place. Ip bans, sometimes forums won?t even load.

Quote Originally Posted by MedievaL View Post
    Same for me - I've been seeing that screen more and more over the last week.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    This migration sucks. Sorry, had to vent.

©Fly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    The forum has become just about unusable.

I keep getting a message that it has reached maximum users logged on.
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

Yeah I can get into the site, but the chance of me actually getting to view threads is a solid 1 in 15 attempts.

Dave's been awfully quiet regarding this...I mean there are even mod posts in here describing the same thing. This doesn't feel like merely migration growing pains at this point. I hope this isn't the site's final hurrah, but then again it's lost the Sideshow money backing it...

We should find a location to fall back on and meet back up there should the worst befall the site.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Looking at the error screens I have encountered so far, it looks like the new home we've migrated to might just be a bit underpowered?

I don't have a lot of experience with vBulletin, but I am a web dev and I work at a company where websites that get millions of hits a month are our entire livelihood, so if I had to guess, I would say the new home has less processing power and we're straining it. Again, no personal experience with vBulletin, no idea what the server config is, and no access to any metrics/analytics or back-end data. Reminds me of the time I tried to run a Drupal site on a tiny shared server. The error messages it threw were all over the damn place, but in the end it was just a PHP memory issue.