RINGTOYS - Blades of the Guardians (Dao Ma)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rain89c

Freakzoid
Reaction score
110001q5a5h5cvaay5iiaj.jpg105935p4mgr5lmuurqligk.jpg105933lgdaxh8q00qhdzxn.jpg105953fwn9jtxttf92jp9j.jpg105934u4nmb8b49rpxymxm.jpg

Product Code: RT-005

Product Configuration Sheet:
Product full height about 34CM
using RINGTOYS independent research and development ratio 1.0 male body

- refined head carving * 1 (normal expression)
- refined head carving * 1 (violent expression)
- replacement hand * 6
- Doll Show Stand *1
- Bandage Hand Sleeve *1
- Wanted Order *1
- Black Brawl*1
- Weapon Bag *1

Costume:
- Handle Black Underwear *1
- Black Pants *1
- Handle Black Outerwear* 1 (Inlaid copper wire can be shaped)
- Black old-fashioned cloak *1 (inlaid with copper wire can be shaped)
- 蹀躞 belt *1
- Hand-made old cloth boots *1

weapon:
(metal blade)
- vertebral vertebral ridge *1
- Rat pepper LIN * 1
- * 1 large Dao
- TANG Hengdao * 1
- * 1 A knife
- the knife B * 1
- * 1 ax

Very excited for this! Does anyone know P.O. / Release date? Who in the U.S. will carry this??

Attachments

• 105901ab3smt0wbmvmbib2.jpg
    105901ab3smt0wbmvmbib2.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 105904vzaekfekc30nka2e.jpg
    105904vzaekfekc30nka2e.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 338
  • 105920p38w4euuqsgf4ss9.jpg
    105920p38w4euuqsgf4ss9.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 338
  • 110000wj088q0z2bkoilq7.jpg
    110000wj088q0z2bkoilq7.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 405
Does anyone have experience buying from China/HK and having it ship to U.S.? How is the process? How much is total cost for the shipping/customs/etc?
Did you have issues with customs breaking any parts? or trouble passing customs (due to there being small swords/knives in the box)?

Please share your experience.

I am also interested. Release date anybody?
Thanks,
m.
Release is 2020 Q1-3. Still haven't found any U.S. distributors/vendors who are taking preorders for this item.

Ordering from China/HK will cost $100 in shipping, yikes.

Nice. I only want the figure though. Save some money.

Don’t know this guy, but it looks cool.

I see this at Giantoy for $329.99US (Deluxe Version) shipped worldwide. I haven’t shopped there, but I read they were good. I’m going to give some other places I usually shop at, some time to see if they put it up for pre order, but if they don’t, I might pre order at Giantoy.

Also, I’m now going Deluxe, because it’s the only one with the extra head sculpt.

I see this at Giantoy for $329.99US (Deluxe Version) shipped worldwide. I haven?t shopped there, but I read they were good. I?m going to give some other places I usually shop at, some time to see if they put it up for pre order, but if they don?t, I might pre order at Giantoy.

Also, I?m now going Deluxe, because it?s the only one with the extra head sculpt.

Where do you usually shop at? Can you give me some recommendations that you had good experience with?

My concern with buying overseas is that customs might confiscate the swords/weapons or damage some items during transit/inspection. But there is less transfers from distributors - > vendors - > customer. I am thinking if buying direct from HK/China, you get it direct from the distributor or vendor directly to you. Where else if you buy from a U.S. vendor it'll go from Chinese distributor/vendor -> China postal - > U.S. distributor -> USPS -> U.S. Vendor -> USPS - > finally to you.

Feel free to share your experiences with overseas buying.

Rain, you in the US? I know BigBadToyStore has a couple of RingToys figures up for pre order right now, so I think they might put it up. That?s what I?m guessing anyway. BBTS is good. I usually only buy from BBTS or Sideshow (not so much at SSC now) in the US.

I?m not in the US, so I usually shop from Hong Kong anyway. My goto places are OneSixthKit & KG Hobby. Both have been good to me over the years. I simply buy from the cheapest out of those 2. Both are popular among 1/6 collectors.

Shipping cost from RingToys directly was ridiculous. It was around $158. Plus browsing on the website is kinda horrible. I talked to a representative, who said there might be a shipping prohibition to get the weapons overseas, which they had to confirm. I haven?t really heard of that before. So, I decided to pass on buying direct from RingToys.

Rain, you in the US? I know BigBadToyStore has a couple of RingToys figures up for pre order right now, so I think they might put it up. That?s what I?m guessing anyway. BBTS is good. I usually only buy from BBTS or Sideshow (not so much at SSC now) in the US.

I?m not in the US, so I usually shop from Hong Kong anyway. My goto places are OneSixthKit & KG Hobby. Both have been good to me over the years. I simply buy from the cheapest out of those 2. Both are popular among 1/6 collectors.

Shipping cost from RingToys directly was ridiculous. It was around $158. Plus browsing on the website is kinda horrible. I talked to a representative, who said there might be a shipping prohibition to get the weapons overseas, which they had to confirm. I haven?t really heard of that before. So, I decided to pass on buying direct from RingToys.
Yes, I am in the U.S. I was going to go with BBTS also, but they said they dont have it and no info whether or not they'll be getting it.

Per my communications with them, unforunately, OneSixthKit + KGHobby both said they will not carry this item.

I had contacted RingToys direct also, and they told me the same thing, which I'm glad they told me and are transparent about it because I've heard of issues like this before, which would be the main reason I hesitate to buy from overseas. With that said, I am concern that all other distributors in China/HK will have this possible issue since they all will need to go through customs to fly over to U.S. or UK. And yes, the shipping was over $100 for me as well =(

Since you have bought from overseas before, have you had experiences with damaged boxes or figures in the past?

I am wondering if there are actually any benefits to buying from local U.S. over China/HK, since it will require a lot of transfers, and to my understanding this is going to be a big package and will be tossed around.

Honestly, it’s random. I think my last purchase from OSK, the box was actually damaged a bit. It’s sad, but I can handle bent boxes, as long as what’s inside is mint. But in this occasion, the damage ruined the background display I needed, but OSK was cool, & sent me another background display for free. Actually I’ve had damaged boxes from Sideshow as well. I think BBTS might be the best, because they package it properly.

Safest, would be BBTS, if they get it.

Also, OSK & KGHobby ain’t getting it? Now I’m really bummed.

I?ve used Giantoy many times, and their customer service is excellent. Any problem I?ve had, they?ve corrected. I even received a refund for an item that was lost by the post office in China originally, and was sent a replacement at no cost for the hassle.

I?ve used Giantoy many times, and their customer service is excellent. Any problem I?ve had, they?ve corrected. I even received a refund for an item that was lost by the post office in China originally, and was sent a replacement at no cost for the hassle.
I was originally going to order from GianToy as they had the lowest price. But Both GianToy and RingToys told me the weapons of DaoMa may get confiscated by customs, so I might have to order from a U.S. vendor. Question is, won't vendors from all countries face this problem then?

Also, if I WERE to order from China, will I get receive shipments quicker due the figures being made there? Since I wont have to wait for them to ship over to a U.S. vendor and then over to me.

I pre ordered this figure from Giantoy, before I read this comment. Customer service sounds good. This is very nice to know. I?m happy I pre ordered from them. Cheers Stryker.

Honestly, it?s random. I think my last purchase from OSK, the box was actually damaged a bit. It?s sad, but I can handle bent boxes, as long as what?s inside is mint. But in this occasion, the damage ruined the background display I needed, but OSK was cool, & sent me another background display for free. Actually I?ve had damaged boxes from Sideshow as well. I think BBTS might be the best, because they package it properly.

Safest, would be BBTS, if they get it.

Also, OSK & KGHobby ain?t getting it? Now I?m really bummed.

OSK told me they definitively wont be getting it.

KGHobby just told me they will be getting it yesterday.

OSK told me they definitively wont be getting it.

KGHobby just told me they will be getting it yesterday.
Ahhhh crap. KG is my goto. Hmmm, if pricing is good at KG, I might still buy another one there. Gamble to see if Giantoy or KG can get the weapons to me. Also, if there are no weapons (from either place), they?d definitely tell you right? I?m pretty sure they would. Then simply get a refund, or discount, or something.

Ahhhh crap. KG is my goto. Hmmm, if pricing is good at KG, I might still buy another one there. Gamble to see if Giantoy or KG can get the weapons to me. Also, if there are no weapons (from either place), they?d definitely tell you right? I?m pretty sure they would. Then simply get a refund, or discount, or something.
No idea. I happened to hear sometimes these blades get confiscated by customs per some of the posts that mention they bought figures from overseas, so I just inquired about it through GianToy + RingToys direct and they revealed that it could be a problem. I would like to know more as well. If this is an issue, I would expect all U.S. and UK vendors who will eventually carry the item to face the same problem, so does that mean all DaoMa figures will not have weapons shipped? That doesn't seem reasonable to me. One of reps at RingToys told me if the shipment was via sea/ship, then it wouldn't be a problem, but I doubt all vendors will use sea transit?

One of reps at RingToys told me if the shipment was via sea/ship, then it wouldn't be a problem, but I doubt all vendors will use sea transit?
I have a feeling BBTS does. They take so long getting stock in.

I don?t really want to worry so much about the weapons. If they come, nice, if not, contact customer service, & see how they can help.

?????

NOT A SPOILER
RingToys should include his son with this figure.

Back