Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    For those of us with limited display space, who have to make those tough decisions........

Which figure in your collection is close to getting sold or stored indefinitely?

Who is one new release away from becoming homeless?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
    Long live the King
    Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)
    *Looks at Toy Warehouse condensed into small room that he calls his collection*

......I don't think selling a figure is gonna cut it.

I just boxed up Rey and BB-8 the other day. Got tired of seeing them on my shelf since I pre-ordered them at full price, and when I still see them available with a store credit discount at BBTS!
    I doubt I’ll sell them anytime soon, but they’re going to storage.

Quote Originally Posted by a-dev View Post

God, I can relate. I always come up with these fantastic display ideas in my head, pull the trigger on the figures and then... When they finally arrive I'm already on to the next thing and they end up in storage. For later. *sighs*

My Sideshow Premium Format Captain America Statue seriously need a new home, though - to answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by a-dev View Post

it takes dedication to build up a warehouse collection, but it takes more dedication to turn it into an actual collection.

the key is stop buying on impulse. if it's a new release or preorder, wait for a month or 2 then ask yourself again if you really want it. if space is an issue, you might have to filter out big items like statues or 1/4 figures, if you keep the boxes, the size of the boxes may need to come into consideration.

i have yet made any order for 1/6 or bigger stuffs. i have the cartoon turtles on order and now i've switched to Hot Toys which is smaller & cheaper and i buy them really selectively, at the mean time letting go the bigger stuffs, 1 by 1 slowly since economy is bad unlike a decade ago.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by potato View Post
    it takes dedication to build up a warehouse collection, but it takes more dedication to turn it into an actual collection.

the key is stop buying on impulse. if it's a new release or preorder, wait for a month or 2 then ask yourself again if you really want it. if space is an issue, you might have to filter out big items like statues or 1/4 figures, if you keep the boxes, the size of the boxes may need to come into consideration.

i have yet made any order for 1/6 or bigger stuffs. i have the cartoon turtles on order and now i've switched to Hot Toys which is smaller & cheaper and i buy them really selectively, at the mean time letting go the bigger stuffs, 1 by 1 slowly since economy is bad unlike a decade ago.
    Impulse buying isn't something I do anymore. I reduced to a select few licenses a few years ago and have stuck to that very well. But the legacy of 25 years of non-stop collecting is what I'm looking at - other people take breaks from it. I've never done that. Even over the last 5 or 6 years where I majorly cut back I've still been keeping it going and most of the stuff I've ever bought I still have. The only sales I've done were the ones giving me my itrader feedback here, those were my 'getting out of a particular license' sales - strategic sales to determine what I would no longer be buying in the future.

Freakalicious
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    My 1/4 scale PSC Robocop and PF xforce deadpool. I love those statues but they're taking up too much space and need to make room for new Hot Toys figures coming in soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I'll probably look to sell my Homecoming Spiderman, as well as Joker and Harley.
    Nice figures all, but just not central to my collection.

I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    I've been thinking of selling my Deadpool, but there's already a glut of them on ebay so the timing probably isn't the best right now. Of course anything I sell will likely be immediately replaced with something new, so I wouldn't really be saving much space in the end.

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    I put Hela back in the box a couple of weeks ago. I like the character, but preferred the unmasked look and was really hoping for a 3rd party HS (for less than $300). I don't have anything else from Ragnarok and I needed the room, so...