The Chopping Block: who is on the way out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
For those of us with limited display space, who have to make those tough decisions........

Which figure in your collection is close to getting sold or stored indefinitely?

Who is one new release away from becoming homeless?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

My 1/4 scale PSC Robocop and PF xforce deadpool[emoji19]. I love those statues but they're taking up too much space and need to make room for new Hot Toys figures coming in soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just boxed up Rey and BB-8 the other day. Got tired of seeing them on my shelf since I pre-ordered them at full price, and when I still see them available with a store credit discount at BBTS!
I doubt I’ll sell them anytime soon, but they’re going to storage.

I'll probably look to sell my Homecoming Spiderman, as well as Joker and Harley.
Nice figures all, but just not central to my collection.

I've been thinking of selling my Deadpool, but there's already a glut of them on ebay so the timing probably isn't the best right now. Of course anything I sell will likely be immediately replaced with something new, so I wouldn't really be saving much space in the end. :lol

I put Hela back in the box a couple of weeks ago. I like the character, but preferred the unmasked look and was really hoping for a 3rd party HS (for less than $300). I don't have anything else from Ragnarok and I needed the room, so...

I just got my 1/4 Joker in. And it's compelled me to only get DC 1/4 now.

... So unfortunately 1/4 Iron Man Mk 42 is off to be sold.
BvS Superman off to be sold.
DW Thor off to be sold.

I really don't want to have too many pieces in my collection, think it weakens it. Don't want duplicates too if I can help, so already sold off my PC Joker, Tuxedo Joker (Kept AA, my favourite version), and my BVS line as well as suicide squad, just getting JL versions.

I was more than a little impressed with the technology behind the Phicen/TBL bodies, before they started making boxed figures, that I went a little crazy bashing figures with them; now more than half are boxed up.

*Looks at Toy Warehouse condensed into small room that he calls his collection*

......I don't think selling a figure is gonna cut it. :lol

God, I can relate. I always come up with these fantastic display ideas in my head, pull the trigger on the figures and then... When they finally arrive I'm already on to the next thing and they end up in storage. For later. *sighs*

:banghead

My Sideshow Premium Format Captain America Statue seriously need a new home, though - to answer the question.

I recently got rid of my Inglourious Basterds figures and GotG 2 Life Size Groot is next.

I'd like to get rid of JL Wonder Woman some time, I would've bought the comic color edition if I had the chance. I have zero other DCEU movie figures and kind of only bought it for my fiance. And that's probably why I won't get rid of her haha.

If I had to, I'd probably get rid of my Threezero Bouncer and Little Sister. I usually have 3 figures to a shelf, and he's so big there aren't any room for others.

HT GotG Thanos. He’s been a good friend over the years (with the better suit design IMO) but he’s just not at proper scale.

Pretty much all my Cap figures (Star Spangled, WS Golden Age, Strike Suit/Rogers 2 pack and AOU) are going to be hitting the chopping block with AOU Widow and Hawkeye and Mark 7 Stealth. Getting rid of Avengers stuff and keeping the Spidey/Guardians/Few Screen present Iron Men that I have.

I just sold my Coo Models Imperial Knight figure. Would have rather kept him, but space is becoming scarce. I've also given thoughts about separating my Universal Soldier Deveraux / Scott pair, but I'm not quite there yet...same with my 1/6 modern Lara Croft. It does help that I've really slowed down on collecting much more on new 1/6 and turning to 80's vintage toys. I only have about four 1/6 figures on order at the moment with nothing beyond them on the horizon, and some will be replacing existing figures (The HT R2D2 replacing the SS one, for example).

I have an extra loose GOT Ned Stark (standard version with metal ice sword) that I'm eventually going to part ways with. Just been too busy to list him...

*Looks at Toy Warehouse condensed into small room that he calls his collection*

......I don't think selling a figure is gonna cut it. :lol

it takes dedication to build up a warehouse collection, but it takes more dedication to turn it into an actual collection.

the key is stop buying on impulse. if it's a new release or preorder, wait for a month or 2 then ask yourself again if you really want it. if space is an issue, you might have to filter out big items like statues or 1/4 figures, if you keep the boxes, the size of the boxes may need to come into consideration.

i have yet made any order for 1/6 or bigger stuffs. i have the cartoon turtles on order and now i've switched to Hot Toys which is smaller & cheaper and i buy them really selectively, at the mean time letting go the bigger stuffs, 1 by 1 slowly since economy is bad unlike a decade ago.

If I had to, I'd probably get rid of my Threezero Bouncer and Little Sister. I usually have 3 figures to a shelf, and he's so big there aren't any room for others.

you can allocate 3 shelves for them if you really like them. i say keep the ones you really like instead of based on size. if you really like a 1:1 big daddy and that is all the space you have, keep it and sell the rest.

I recently got rid of my Inglourious Basterds figures and GotG 2 Life Size Groot is next.

I'd like to get rid of JL Wonder Woman some time, I would've bought the comic color edition if I had the chance. I have zero other DCEU movie figures and kind of only bought it for my fiance. And that's probably why I won't get rid of her haha.

well, how do you feel about your initial purchase of them? buyer's remorse? good when it lasted? regret (bad resale value/low demand)? maybe you can learn from those purchases so you can make better purchases in the future.

for me i buy based on 2 different criterias: 1.What I want. 2.What people may want in the future (and i don't hate it). 1 for keeping 1 for hopefully the sales can cover part of the hobby.

Back