A 2019 Bobby C Silicone 1:1 Joker Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
I know a few people have been wondering what he's been up to, so I thought I'd make a thread for it. I just got this one in from him last week. Sorry for the poor picture quality. I need to take some better photos without a cell phone camera, but this is the most realistic bust I have ever had in the collection. I used to have the Howard S. piece, but there is something about this one that looks more lifelike to me. He did a tremendous job. He's one of the better artists that I have commissioned in all my years of collecting. Anyways, just thought I'd share since most collectors of his work do not.

KyirdMs.jpg

rUvdmR6.jpg

1qAsSmP.jpg

X2pShmn.jpg

pytqfU9.jpg

QOGCEJl.jpg

dKJ4g7K.jpg

Mmm I don't know... That arm floating around ....

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

He's done amazing work in the past. I have his 1/3 Joker but this one does not look great. That floating arm is a really poor design.

It's different for sure. I had my doubts at first, but I think it works much better in person than it conveys in pictures. It's removable either way.

Looks pretty spectacular to me. Lovely touch with the pencil too.

I do agree tho, I have a few silicone busts from various artists but there is something about Bobby's life size joker that just seems more alive than others.

Congratulations buddy , its a real gem.

How does the arm connect to the body? I can't figure it out, looks cool though

I do not think this looks like heath ledger at all. It is okay at best. But the face resembles ledger but like side show the face is off. The only thing I like is the hair. The paint looks sloppy. The way other companies are doing the joker now. I would go that way. But to each their own!

To me eyes the face (head shape) looks too slim, the make-up looks not detailed enough and way too much hair volume. Ledger had long hair but low volume

wsa894.jpg

Looks pretty spectacular to me. Lovely touch with the pencil too.

I do agree tho, I have a few silicone busts from various artists but there is something about Bobby's life size joker that just seems more alive than others.

Congratulations buddy , its a real gem.

thanks bud! :wave

How does the arm connect to the body? I can't figure it out, looks cool though

there is a clear plastic piece that runs into the side of his outfit. If I want to just display the torso, I can pull out that tube. I think it's made out of plexiglass.

To me eyes the face (head shape) looks too slim, the make-up looks not detailed enough and way too much hair volume. Ledger had long hair but low volume

wsa894.jpg

I think it's just certain angles with my phone camera. Personally, I can't see any faults with the face shape in person. I agree about the hair if we are being specific to that scene. That's a easy fix with styling if I wanted to, but I try to mess with these expensive pieces too much if I'm pretty satisfied. The makeup could be more detailed I suppose, but to me it looks detailed enough up close.

If I can see Ledger without comparing it to screen shots, I'm happy. I've had quite a few Ledger busts over the years in resin and silicone, but I think Bobby's is the best to date.

wsa894.jpg

Agreed, the face is much fuller, just not a fan of this one. Especially with other companies getting it pretty dead on. Their was another custom that is coming out but the price is 6 gs for a 25 inch statue which is absolutely crazy. But looks amazing. Not sure where they come up with such a high price.

I was thinking of buying this bust, but I did not like it at all. For the price tag and all. It does not look like Ledger. Other companies are coming really close to the likeness now and no need for customs anymore. But with the amount Jokers coming out we have a variety. But this bust looks bad in my opinion where as Queen studio bust was amazing and with infinity coming out with one. Then queen with a 1/3 statue and prime one. Customs are going to have a hard time selling. Because they want an arm and a leg because the edition size is like 20 or so. Not sure the idea with the floating hand at all. The face has some issues the make up looks splatted on and well I guess I like the hair. But to each their own. We all have out likes and dislikes.

Everyone gets it. You think it looks bad. Move the **** on and stop trashing the artist.

Everyone gets it. You think it looks bad. Move the **** on and stop trashing the artist.

First, of all look up what having an opinion means. I can say whatever I want their buddy just like you do on every other statue that you don't like! Plus I never trashed the artist. I said it wasn't for me. Its okay for you to trash other sites and I say something that goes against your opinion and you get butt hurt. Their you go again assuming things. Where did I trash the artist? Tell me!!! It is a forum I have every right to be here as you. Plus, I can go through many other statues you talked **** on, on this forum. You praise what you like and trash what you don't. Get a taste of your own medicine. However, I am not trashing the bust, I like the artist. His work is great. But isn't for me. Your good at assuming keep up the good work. Plus I wasn't even talking to you to begin with. So, you can go about your business.

There is no need to constantly repeat the piece is bad and try to pick it apart. That is disrespectful to the artist. Your just trying to instigate ****, so move on.

The facial proportions are fine. I think the camera lens are throwing them off in some photos.

Regarding the hair, I addressed mine with a little wet look gel and run it through the length of the hair and on top.
Then just hit it with some firm hold hair spray and it will look fine.

The facial proportions are fine. I think the camera lens are throwing them off in some photos.

Regarding the hair, I addressed mine with a little wet look gel and run it through the length of the hair and on top.

Do you have pictures of yours? Close-up pictures cause lens distortion as you said so that might be the case with OP pictures

There is no need to constantly repeat the piece is bad and try to pick it apart. That is disrespectful to the artist. Your just trying to instigate ****, so move on.

First, that is your opinion, but I would never trash and artist. So, the other people on here that had a similar opinion, it's fine for them to say whatever, but I agree with someone and u throw a fit. Way to go buddy. That is your own view of what you think disrespecting the artist is. Your a trip man. So, saying it isn't for me is disrespecting the artist. Disrespecting someone is talking ****. If you can tell me where I was talking ****, by all means then I disrespected the artist. But cuz I agreed with someone.

Wow, no need to argue with you because you do the same thing. I can even quote you on other forums of statues you keep repeating yourself on how bad you hate a piece. I can specifically show you when you did this over and over on a statue. Its a two way street buddy you can't complain on something that you do yourself. If pple don't agree with your taste you get upset.

However, I will say this again so you can understand. Cuz your acting stubborn. I LIKE THE ARTIST'S WORK, HOWEVER THIS IS NOT FOR ME! Now do You understand. Again, I can say what I want you don't have to like it or even read my comment and I won't read yours. Fair enough great, You do know this is a forum right. A few pple did not like a few things about it. I don't hear you complaining on them. Move on and I will do the same. But if you continue to ignite the fire then I will too.

IMG_1566[1].jpg

Another custom coming out, we are getting some variety. Glass eyes silicone, real hair. but price is steep.

Yea, when I get the time, I will try and take more proper photos and post here if this thread doesn't die lol. Thanks for the tip. So, you didn't actually wet the hair at all?

Do you have pictures of yours? Close-up pictures cause lens distortion as you said so that might be the case with OP pictures

I did a collection video the other day, go to the 20 min mark and you will see the Joker. It doesn't show it off at its best as its filmed at night under led lights but gives you an idea. Bobby nailed the facial proportions really well imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CRGfShJ9Bk&t=1215s

Back