An American Werewolf in London New Blu Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is not the area for it... But I am not sure how many of you visit the "movie thread"

But I think this is Great News For An American Werewolf in London fans and wanted to share with my fellow horror freaks.. Seems like the End all be all for this film.. Well until the 4K UHD is released.

New items not available with other releases in BOLD

Description

One of the greatest directors of the 1980s, John Landis (The Blues Brothers, Trading Places), expertly combines macabre horror with dark humor in the lycanthropic classic, An American Werewolf in London.

American tourists David (David Naughton) and Jack (Griffin Dunne) are savaged by an unidentified vicious animal whilst hiking on the Yorkshire Moors. David awakes in a London hospital to find his friend dead and his life in disarray. Retiring to the home of a beautiful nurse (Jenny Agutter, Walkabout) to recuperate, he soon experiences disturbing changes to his mind and body, undergoing a full-moon transformation that will unleash terror on the streets of the capital…

An American Werewolf in London had audiences howling with laughter and recoiling in terror upon its cinema release. Landis’ film has gone on to become one of the most important horror films of its decade, rightly lauded for its masterful set-pieces, uniquely unsettling atmosphere and Rick Bakers’ truly ground-breaking, Oscar-winning special makeup effects. Now restored in 4K, and presented with an abundance of extra features, this big beast of horror can be devoured as never before…

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• New 2018 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation

Original uncompressed 1.0 mono and optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

• Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

New audio commentary by Beware the Moon filmmaker Paul Davis

• Audio Commentary by Actors David Naughton and Griffin Dunne

Mark of The Beast: The Legacy of the Universal Werewolf, newly produced, feature-length documentary by filmmaker Daniel Griffith, featuring interviews with John Landis, David Naughton, Joe Dante and more

An American Filmmaker in London, a newly filmed interview with John Landis in which he reflects on his time working in Britain and British cinema

I Think He’s a Jew: The Werewolf’s Secret, new video essay by filmmaker Jon Spira (Elstree 1976) about how Landis’ film explores Jewish identity

The Werewolf’s Call, Corin Hardy, director of The Nun, chats with writer Simon Ward about their formative experiences with Landis’ film.

Wares of the Wolf, new featurette in which SFX artist Dan Martin and Tim Lawes of The Prop Store look at some of the original costumes and special effects artefacts from the film

• Beware the Moon, Paul Davis’ acclaimed, feature-length exploration of Landis’ film which boasts extensive cast and crew interviews

• Making An American Werewolf in London, a short archival featurette on the film’s production

• An Interview with John Landis, a lengthy archival interview with the director about the film

• Makeup Artist Rick Baker on An American Werewolf in London, the legendary make-up artist discusses his work on the film

• I Walked with a Werewolf, an archival interview with the make-up artist about Universal horror and its legacy of Wolfman films

• Casting of the Hand, archival footage from Rick Baker’s workshop as they cast David Naughton’s hand

• Outtakes

• Original trailers, teasers and radio spots

Extensive image gallery featuring over 200 stills, posters and other ephemera

Reversible sleeve featuring original poster art and artwork by Graham Humphreys

Double-sided fold-out poster

Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions

Limited 60-page booklet featuring new writing by Travis Crawford and Simon Ward, excerpts from archival interviews original reviews

AMERICAN_WEREWOLF_IN_LONDON_EXPLODED_PACK.jpg

That is a lot of material for any hardcore AWIL fan right there. Wow. Thanks for the info.

Dammit, I just bought the Arrow version right before they announced the 4K. Oh well, I know I’ll cave and buy it. To anyone that has the 4k version, how is it?

Does anybody know what is considered to be the most official or classic movie poster for AWIL? The one I grew up knowing from the VHS cover was just the image of David and Jack looking back over their shoulders under the full moon but I've also seen the one with the blood running down into the shape of an animal, which to me always looked more like a cat than a wolf. Just wondering what came first.

Last edited:
I remember them both about equally, the blood one could be an initial teaser poster and the cast one the main theatrical poster. But it could also be different territories. The bottom one i remember as well but I’m guessing that came later after the film came out.

056DB9BA-C70A-4598-98C4-F7D44F324A2A.jpeg

EB198FD6-EB18-4B48-AD61-342C43A4CF9C.jpeg

146124A6-28A3-4869-A08D-4D638E4D82D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 24027E95-730F-45A4-8AF7-4D6C4A9FF182.jpeg
    24027E95-730F-45A4-8AF7-4D6C4A9FF182.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 18
Cool thanks. I guess the first one remains my favorite. I never liked anything that showed images of the mid transformation. Seemed to give too much away and cheapen it somehow. Though what Arrow did on their poster with the artistic style is exceptional.

Back