Statue Prime 1 Batman vs Superman- Superman Black Suit 1/2 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was posted on P1 Collectors Group

supscs.jpg

I have to say it looks the same as the blue and red costume, I mean the same statue

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

It's the same as the regular just in a blue suit. Looks good but the blue one is enough for me.

Kind of lazy for P1 to not even include a new headsculpt or something. Already have all the other 1/2s from this line, but not sure I could have this too with it being nearly identical to the normal one. At least they raised the emblem.

and $300 more expensive than the 1st one.

Which isn’t too surprising. It’s been a few years since those were first solicited, and most pieces have risen a lot more than 10% in that span of time.

And I still believe it’s reasonably priced. But of course any price increase is annoying.

Which isn’t too surprising. It’s been a few years since those were first solicited, and most pieces have risen a lot more than 10% in that span of time.

And I still believe it’s reasonably priced. But of course any price increase is annoying.

Yes, it was a couple years ago, but considering all they basically changed is the color it is annoying they want an extra $300. It cost them next to nothing to engineer the piece or create new packaging, etc... like would be needed on an all new piece. I am still tempted, but I have not gotten the Knightmare Bats yet either so have to decide soon.

Yes, it was a couple years ago, but considering all they basically changed is the color it is annoying they want an extra $300. It cost them next to nothing to engineer the piece or create new packaging, etc... like would be needed on an all new piece. I am still tempted, but I have not gotten the Knightmare Bats yet either so have to decide soon.

I could’ve sworn it was more than 4 years ago that it went up for preorder, as Bats was shipped in Jan/Feb 2017, but then again I think the preorder window was less than a year (now those were the days).

And I’ve seen some pics on Facebook and the Nightmare Bats looks great. Though the weathering could’ve been done a tad better.

EDIT: Just checked and both the Superman and Batman pieces were put up for preorder in February 2016. So it’s been 3 and a half years since then. So a 10% increase given the price increases since then is more than acceptable imo.

Well the cost of things increase by around 2% each year, so one would expect this statue to be at lest a 6% more expensive than the original. The ES is also less than half than the original, so chinese production cost should be higher. I'd 15% increase in price leaves Prime1 with the same returns by piece than the original statue

Well the cost of things increase by around 2% each year, so one would expect this statue to be at lest a 6% more expensive than the original. The ES is also less than half than the original, so chinese production cost should be higher. I'd 15% increase in price leaves Prime1 with the same returns by piece than the original statue

Of course costs rise, what I was saying is that they didn't have to spend much development money on the piece like they would with an all new statue or if they had changed the head, pose, etc... So that should have more than made up for the difference in increased materials and factory costs.

Of course costs rise, what I was saying is that they didn't have to spend much development money on the piece like they would with an all new statue or if they had changed the head, pose, etc... So that should have more than made up for the difference in increased materials and factory costs.
I have to be honest. I have no idea how much a sculptor charge to Prime1, but that has to be a few of thousons dollars (Lets say $15.000). Cost of China factory has to be around 50% of final price. So for an ES of 150, you have $ 150.000 on China cost and $15.000 for the mold. I'd say the cost of mold is pretty low compared to the cost of production and internal cost of Prime1, so saving the cost of the mold has almost no impact on final price

I have to be honest. I have no idea how much a sculptor charge to Prime1, but that has to be a few of thousons dollars (Lets say $15.000). Cost of China factory has to be around 50% of final price. So for an ES of 150, you have $ 150.000 on China cost and $15.000 for the mold. I'd say the cost of mold is pretty low compared to the cost of production and internal cost of Prime1, so saving the cost of the mold has almost no impact on final price

Creating the original molds is most of the cost, the actual factory work isn't close to 50%, they own their factories so it costs them even less than other companies to actually produce the end product.

Creating the original molds is most of the cost, the actual factory work isn't close to 50%, they own their factories so it costs them even less than other companies to actually produce the end product.

Since when has any of the design houses owned a Factory?

Since P1. Its one of the reasons the stuff turns out so well in production, I remember reading about that when they first came on the scene years ago.

Well their stuff has been having a run of problems the past year now, including a quality drop, so owning a factory if that is true hasn’t helped them recently.

Who got their PO in for this amazing man of steel statue, i dont care that they call it bvs cause of licensing its from the scene (dream sequence with him sinking into the pile of human bones) in man of steel which is much better movie anyway!!! There was no black costume in bvs and that deleted scene from justice league of it in the ship dont count he didnt wear it

https://youtu.be/x55CIMcHZdc

Who got their PO in for this amazing man of steel statue, i dont care that they call it bvs cause of licensing its from the scene (dream sequence with him sinking into the pile of human bones) in man of steel which is much better movie anyway!!! There was no black costume in bvs and that deleted scene from justice league of it in the ship dont count he didnt wear it

https://youtu.be/x55CIMcHZdc

Very true, it does look cool

Back