Galaxy's Edge.. Savi's Workshop & Legacy Lightsabers + Jedi/Sith Gear

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvinmyles

Super Freak
Reaction score
Savi's Workshop build your own Lightsaber:

you pay the cash takers $199.99 they give you a Metal Badge with your Lightsaber Symbol on it and it's the total Disney 25-30min Star Wars experience.You walk down a long SW themed hall with all the lights and sounds.Then you come to an open hall with an Animatronic Creature spewing some ancient wisdom.Then you are guided into another hall with a big oval work table.Everything fully desinged for the SW experience.Then Cosplayers guide you through assembling you Lightsaber.Your position around the Table has already been pre designated by your Badge.Your parts Tray is brought to your spot at the assembly Table.
You get your carrying case as you exit.Luckily I was early and in the first group of only 14.Only waited about 5min before we went in.

basically you have 4 Lightsaber choices:Elemental Nature/Protection and Defense/Peace and Justice/Power and Control.I chose Power and Control.
each Lightsaber choice has 2 Emitter/2 upper and 2 lower Sleeve/2 Switch and 2 End Cap possibilities.Your choice from the parts/scrap tray as you are assembling it.All of these pieces are a surprisingly very good thick Metal.It almost makes the finished product a little to massive for a smaller hand.

You choose your Kyber Crystal when you are inside and you have 4 choices Red/Blue/Green or Purple.
The Yellow & White Crysatal’s must be purchased separately.Dok Ondar's and Black Spire were both sold out.
Also most of the Legacy Lightsabers were not available.I wanted to pick up a Vader and Maul neither was available.

I did purchase a Green and Purple Kyber Crystal.Those not only change the Blade to the color of the Crystal but each make slightly different sounds when installed.Really it's kind of amazing Tech.
I also picked up an extra 31" Blade so I would already have two for my Darth Maul Legacy Lightsaber.
The gut/base that you assemble the pieces on is a hard sturdy plastic and metal.
The Blade is attached in a quasi ceremony at the end of the show experience.

I do want to mention these are very capable dueling Lightsabers with full motion,hit,smack,wave,sounds and light blasts.
The Blades are very sturdy with slight play at the hilt and any movement or hit creates a sound.
There are even blade change sounds if you insert or remove the blade when not turned on.The sounds do slightly change with each different color Crystal you install.
Light and sound rises and falls when turned on or off.Very cool tech.

Attachments

• savis-workshop entrance.jpeg
    savis-workshop entrance.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 548
  • savi-workshop walking in2.jpg
    savi-workshop walking in2.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 535
  • my tray lightsaber parts.jpg
    my tray lightsaber parts.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 542
  • finished hilt.jpg
    finished hilt.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 493
  • savis-workshop-star-wars-galaxys-edge-review-custom-lightsaber-experience-may-2019_23-1200x675.jpg
    savis-workshop-star-wars-galaxys-edge-review-custom-lightsaber-experience-may-2019_23-1200x675.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_3123.JPG
    IMG_3123.JPG
    585.6 KB · Views: 442
  • lightsaber3.JPG
    lightsaber3.JPG
    942.9 KB · Views: 457
  • lightsaber4.JPG
    lightsaber4.JPG
    907.7 KB · Views: 1,030
  • badge1.JPG
    badge1.JPG
    980.8 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_3129.JPG
    IMG_3129.JPG
    915.2 KB · Views: 444
  • lightsaber chest choices.jpg
    lightsaber chest choices.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_3134.JPG
    IMG_3134.JPG
    552.3 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_3138.JPG
    IMG_3138.JPG
    482.2 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Re: Galaxy's Edge.. Savi's workshop lightsaber

That’s cool.

I’m guessing the price is for both the piece and the experience.

When I was nearing the area where Savi's is located a Batuu Woman came up to me and whispered are you looking for Metal.Almost thought she was going to ask if I wanted some Blow.:lol But they keep in play to avoid any Imperial Trouble from any Storm Troopers walking around.I said yes so she pulled out these pieces and cards with detailed drawing of Lightsabers on them.And she said follow me.
Troopers came up and asked where are you going.. she said Oga's Cantina and they said move along.The whole place is like a show the entire time you are there.Just lucky enough to be there on 2 non over crowded days.

Attachments

• falcon1a.jpg
    falcon1a.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 412
  • falcon1.jpg
    falcon1.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 421
  • savis-workshop disney cosplayers.jpg
    savis-workshop disney cosplayers.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 503
  • entrance batuu.jpg
    entrance batuu.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 427
  • 20190717_103151.jpg
    20190717_103151.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 434
  • 20190717_103158.jpg
    20190717_103158.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 431
  • 20190718_081556.jpg
    20190718_081556.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 436
  • falcon ride intrance.jpg
    falcon ride intrance.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 501
  • 20190718_090444.jpg
    20190718_090444.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 20190718_090447.jpg
    20190718_090447.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:

Savi's Workshop build your own Lightsaber:

you pay the cash takers $199.99 they give you a Metal Badge with your Lightsaber Symbol on it and it's the total Disney 25-30min Star Wars experience.You walk down a long SW themed hall with all the lights and sounds.Then you come to an open hall with an Animatronic Creature spewing some ancient wisdom.Then you are guided into another hall with a big oval work table.Everything fully desinged for the SW experience.Then Cosplayers guide you through assembling you Lightsaber.Your position around the Table has already been pre designated by your Badge.Your parts Tray is brought to your spot at the assembly Table.
You get your carrying case as you exit.Luckily I was early and in the first group of only 14.Only waited about 5min before we went in.

basically you have 4 Lightsaber choices:Elemental Nature/Protection and Defense/Peace and Justice/Power and Control.I chose Power and Control.
each Lightsaber choice has 2 Emitter/2 upper and 2 lower Sleeve/2 Switch and 2 End Cap possibilities.Your choice from the parts/scrap tray as you are assembling it.All of these pieces are a surprisingly very good thick Metal.It almost makes the finished product a little to massive for a smaller hand.

You choose your Kyber Crystal when you are inside and you have 4 choices Red/Blue/Green or Purple.
The Yellow & White Crysatal’s must be purchased separately.Doc Ondar's and Black Spire were both sold out.
Also most of the Legacy Lightsabers were not available.I wanted to pick up a Vader and Maul neither was available.

I did purchase a Green and Purple Kyber Crystal.Those not only change the Blade to the color of the Crystal but each make slightly different sounds when installed.Really it's kind of amazing Tech.
I also picked up an extra 31" Blade so I would already have two for my Darth Maul Legacy Lightsaber.
The gut/base that you assemble the pieces on is a hard sturdy plastic and metal.
The Blade is attached in a quasi ceremony at the end of the show experience.

I do want to mention these are very capable dueling Lightsabers with full motion,hit,smack,wave,sounds and light blasts.
The Blades are very sturdy with slight play at the hilt and any movement or hit creates a sound.
There are even blade change sounds if you insert or remove the blade when not turned on.The sounds do slightly change with each different color Crystal you install.
Light and sound rises and falls when turned on or off.Very cool tech.

I almost built the same saber lol. Those extra Kyber Crystals are hard to come by

I almost built the same saber lol. Those extra Kyber Crystals are hard to come by

yeah' because of scalpers who demolished the stores within the first 2-3 weeks when GE first opened.GE had to change their policy.Now you can only purchase 1 of any color Crystal available.
eBay scalpers are making out like bandits especially on the hard to find Black and limited White & Yellow Crystals.Selling for 20 times and more than the $12.99 price.
Even the Scrap is now limited to 2 pieces and you have to show proof you made a lightsaber at Savi's Workshop.

Besides the Red Crystal in my Lightsaber the Green and Purple were the only ones available at Dok Ondar's at the time.

Last edited:

what took so long for a thread like this.. Ill be posting some pics later, I made a Peace and Justice blade and my son made a Power and Control blade. I highly advise selecting a green and purple crystal for you builds, cause you can still buy the blue and red crystals at Dok-Ondar's with Holocron purchase (when I was there all were sold out esp the cooler colors, those crystals are ****ing in high demand just check ebay prices).

The Legacy sabers sold @ Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities are really good, better than the black series and Savi's custom one's in terms of quality, but they sell out fast as ****. Side note: One downside to the legacy sabers, unlike the Savi custom, you cannot swap out the crystals to change the blades colors. Legacy stock is really bad though, I was able to score windu, luke ROTJ, Ahsoka Tano, and 2 Asaj Ventress blades (that connect like mauls). I really wanted obi wan and vader but they were sold out since like launch day. I could have bought mauls too but Windu and Tano were priority that day. All these sabers were sold out I just happened to be there at right time when they got these ones back in stock. I imagine its going to be like this for a long time, so when you go don't expect everything to be there it will be a crap shoot, if you see something you like I'd advise buying it (and return later if buyer remorse), cause when you go back that same day it will probably be gone. It happened to me, the Tano's sabers I just bought the day before just got restocked that day were gone, Mace's same scenerios which is why I bought both those immediately (although I had no idea how fast these ****ers would sell out) they had just got a new shipment of Mauls the same day as Tano's, I was going to buy mauls too but figured I'd come back the next day (this is before I knew how fast they sell out). Litterally went back the next morning, mauls were still there while I was in the shop being indecisive at the stand looking at Temple guard saber some **** bought the last 2. LOL fast turn around.. The lady never told me stock was low on maul she just said they had them lol, so I swiped 2 ventress instead. Since you want to hit the store up first thing in the morning make sure to drop anything you buy off at the cargo bay located in the first order shop you do not want to carry those heavy sabers around the park all day and **** up all the rides you can't go on while your holding them.

The stands are sold separately but they are really nice, very nice display pieces- I think I bought enough for each saber, FYI you have to ask the saber people for them they are not out in the store for purchase I bought a couple extra blades not 1 for each since all the blades are enterchangeable between savii's workshop sabers and the legacy sabers its not neccessary - they thought this **** out well, nice added bonus. So don't worry about buying blades for each saber you pick up. If you get a workshop one and buy 4 legacies just pick up a 1 or 2 extra, unless you buy ahsoka's then you need to buy atleast 1 smaller blade.

Last but not least don't forget to check out the jedi and sith robes. **** man I was lucky with sizes for the jedi version, got the shirt robe and belt. All of which are always hard to find in normal people sizes cause they sell out like ****. Quality is really good, I just wish they sold the pants and the boots. I would have bought the sith **** too but they did not have my size, again its crap shoot. They actually have a return of the jedi luke tunic but they only sell it in childrens sizes (as of now), I was willing to pay the hefty price for my son but he was too distracted by the **** in other shops to give a rats ass about it. His loss though

On the plane transport.

If you fly out of John Wayne Orange county airport you can easily take you savvi custom blade in the provided travel sling backpack syle case you get with the saber as a "Carry" on the plane. If you buy legacy blades and they won't fit in your suit case buy a new suitcase, wrap them in something soft like t shirts or towels so the cases don't get scratched and check them in with your other luggage. TSA will open atleast one of them, cause they are dense metals that probably look like bombs on scanners, but in my case they only opened one and resealed it with painters tape, they did not check the 5 others I bought. There will be a note from TSA in your saber case saying they examined your ****.

just picked up the Darth Vader and Darth Maul Legacy Lightsabers from Dok Ondars.I'll do DM in a separate post.

this Darth Vader Lightsaber is totally Awesome.Full metal hilt with perfect design and balance.An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.Battle ready perfect for Dueling and Cosplay or just to Display.The black strips on the lower sleeve are a medium hard rubber substance which really gives you grip and feels good in your hand.The attention to detail is unsurpassed even in the real wires that loop the upper sleeve.

Sound chip is fantastic full range of motion when turned on and even when inserting or removing the Blade when turned off.
Comes in a nice little Case.Plastic,but none the less nice.$129
All the instruction writing bands on the hilt and switch can be removed.

The Kyber Crystals for the Savi's Workshop Lightsabers can not be used with the Legacy Lightsabers.Therefor you have only the single color choice of your favorite Jedi or Sith depending on who's Lightsaber you choose.The same blades can be used on Both.

Attachments

• IMG_3163.JPG
    IMG_3163.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    480.4 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_3177.JPG
    IMG_3177.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3171.JPG
    IMG_3171.JPG
    440.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_3174.JPG
    IMG_3174.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_3185.JPG
    IMG_3185.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_3187.JPG
    IMG_3187.JPG
    689.7 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_3191.JPG
    IMG_3191.JPG
    478.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Weird choice, putting those silver rivets on the handle. Probably would have sold double quantity without them.

here is the Darth Maul Legacy Lightsaber from Dok Ondars.These Hilts only sell separately $139.99 and come with a metal attachment/coupler and tool for connecting and aligning 2 Hilts to make Darth Mauls Double Bladed Lightsaber.Accomplished by unscrewing the end caps on each Hilt and screwing in the coupler.
My alignment is slightly off because I just screwed them together onto the coupler.I did not use the tool to get the perfect alignment since I was just going to put them back in their cases.

these are full metal.The black areas are not painted they are a hard rubber substance like that of the Grips on the Darth Vader Lightsaber.Weight and balance is very good and not bulky or too heavy to Duel with.Made very well.
As with the Darth Vader Lightsaber all the small activator,control lock,blade modulation stickers can be removed.

They really look and sound very cool by themselves as two separate Lightsabers.

Attachments

• IMG_3199.JPG
    IMG_3199.JPG
    656.3 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_3206.JPG
    IMG_3206.JPG
    693.4 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_3223.JPG
    IMG_3223.JPG
    808.5 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3208.JPG
    IMG_3208.JPG
    698.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_3214.JPG
    IMG_3214.JPG
    673.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_3217.JPG
    IMG_3217.JPG
    714.7 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_3218.JPG
    IMG_3218.JPG
    713.1 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_3234.JPG
    IMG_3234.JPG
    918.2 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    756.8 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_3248.JPG
    IMG_3248.JPG
    637.4 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3257.JPG
    IMG_3257.JPG
    848 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Anybody know offhand the diameter of the savi/legacy blades from galaxy's edge? 1inch or 7/8ths?

just measured my Savi's workshop blade 31" long 1" across.With measuring tape wrapped around it total diameter is a little over 3" round.Might be a little off because the tape was stiff.
You can only get the 31" Blades from Savi's workshop if you build one of their Sabers.Dok Ondars sells Blades for the Legacy Sabers but only in 26" or 36".

Not intending to hijack the thread. I just returned from WDW yesterday and spent about a day and a half in Hollywood and Galaxy's Edge. I did not build a light saber but did help tow of my children make droids. Fun experience and the kids loved it. Watch plenty of people carry Droids and Sabers in the cases onto the planes. A lot of Sabers being carried around as Droids.

I posted just a couple of photos of Galaxys Edge on the first pg.When I was there later in the evening there were a lot of Family's outside the Droid Depot and a lot of Droids Buzzing around.They looked neat and sounded pretty cool.
Post some pics if you want.

SaberForge seems pretty bad and has a low reputation.

Not at all. Their early days were rife with trouble. The only problem now is getting something soon. It can take about 3 months to get a saber or even parts, but the quality is there. I have many and have been very happy with them.

Back