Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tom Baker (Maroon Season 18)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
The today Big Chief announced that the Preorder for the Season 18 version of the 4th Doctor will begin Q4 2019.

7CD7DD28-8F58-462C-890C-F06DAF96DB05.jpeg

C2C7409E-1CDD-4EE4-9A35-807A8EB5FB94.jpeg

BC are going full on classic (best) Who:) Can't have enough of the fourth Dr..AND THEN it's the fifth,sixth and seventh Dr's along with a special commemorative second Dr...AND THEN classic Daleks,Cybermen and Master...Oh happy days!:panic:

Nice! Great to hear there is another classic Doctor in the pipeline. As I have the first version, I probably won't be getting this one as I only want one version of each Doctor (plus there is just too much other stuff I want from my other lines I collect) but it's really good to see this being made. Classic Who FTW! :rock

Now...where is my Second Doctor figure BCS? :impatient:Can't wait for that one! Great that the others all get made too - I want all the classic Doctors in 1/6 scale!

Nice! Great to hear there is another classic Doctor in the pipeline. As I have the first version, I probably won't be getting this one as I only want one version of each Doctor (plus there is just too much other stuff I want from my other lines I collect) but it's really good to see this being made. Classic Who FTW! :rock

Now...where is my Second Doctor figure BCS? :impatient:Can't wait for that one! Great that the others all get made too - I want all the classic Doctors in 1/6 scale!

Second Doc will be up for preorder next year!

4C7C3216-F409-4E7C-8EC1-F29BF3CE8347.jpeg

Well, as part of their license renewal reveal, Big Chief officially announced plans for the following:

Fourth Doctor (Series 18) - Deluxe Special Edition: 4th quarter 2019
Fifth Doctor - Limited & Signature Edition: 1st quarter 2020
Sixth Doctor - Limited & Signature Edition: 2nd quarter 2020
Seventh Doctor - Limited & Signature Edition: 3rd quarter 2020
Second Doctor - Commemorative Edition: pre-order TBA
Earthshock Cyberman - Limited Edition: 4th quarter 2020
The Master (Roger Delgado) - Commemorative Edition: 1st quarter 2021
Dalek (Genesis of the Daleks) - 2nd quarter 2021

So plans for a classic Doctor Who pre-order each quarter for the next couple of years, plus "more exciting characters and environments to be announced"...

67685754_10158011138601002_3616355857572298752_n.jpg

My dream of one day having a full lineup of Doctors actually looks to be coming into reach. If I get all three 80's Doctors next year I'll probably faint from joy. :blissy :thud:

Here's hoping it all works out. :rock

edit - damn, pixletwin beat me to it by a couple of minutes. :lol

:yess: Thanks for that info both! So happy they are making a Troughton - my most wanted Who figure and favourite classic Doctor. Gonna be awesome having a full set. :) I thought I'd just be sticking to the Doctors figure-wise, but that Delgado Master is gonna be hard to resist!! :panic:

Must buy for me. Missed the original baker release and this iteration of the doctor is a grail for me

Erm... The 2nd Doctor says “TBA”... Where are people getting next year? It seems they’re doing one figure per quarter, and 2020q3 is McCoy, with 2020q4 being the cyberman.

As interested as I am (and hope to order all of these when they go up for pre-order) the real question is when will they actually be released? At $230-250 per figure, that’s a major economic commitment... and we’re still waiting for McGann.

I’d feel better if my favorite Doctor wasn’t listed as TBA. Still, it’s a list and that’s welcome.

The more I think about it... The more I am intrigued by the idea of this figure. Specifically, I wonder what accessories would it come with?

Aside from two alternate heads (smiling, neutral/stoic) and swappable hat/hair pieces, I struggle to think of other ‘small’, reasonable accessories from this season. Maybe a nicer, knitted scarf this time? Surely we wouldn’t get a “Meglos” head, or an aged head from “The Leisure Hive”, or a K-9 as part of this figure. These would all be awesome, but probably prohibitively expensive to produce. Then again.... It is “Deluxe”.

My best guesses:
Sonic screwdriver
Jelly Babies
Boots/shoes (swappable)
Vampire bat?
Dodecahedron (pocket size)?
Meglos cactus

I really think we should have something from Logopolis, but I can’t think of anything other than a Tissue-Compression-Eliminated Logopolitan.

What to you all think we might see?

The more I think about it... The more I am intrigued by the idea of this figure. Specifically, I wonder what accessories would it come with?

Aside from two alternate heads (smiling, neutral/stoic) and swapxpable hat/hair pieces, I struggle to think of other ‘small’, reasonable accessories from this season. Maybe a nicer, knitted scarf this time? Surely we wouldn’t get a “Meglos” head, or an aged head from “The Leisure Hive”, or a K-9 as part of this figure. These would all be awesome, but probably prohibitively expensive to produce. Then again.... It is “Deluxe”.

My best guesses:
Sonic screwdriver
Jelly Babies
Boots/shoes (swappable)
Vampire bat?
Dodecahedron (pocket size)?
Meglos cactus

I really think we should have something from Logopolis, but I can’t think of anything other than a Tissue-Compression-Eliminated Logopolitan.

What to you all think we might see?

Jelly babies and sonic are probably no brainers. The rest of your list is pretty sound speculation . I would personally love k 9

Erm... The 2nd Doctor says “TBA”... Where are people getting next year? It seems they’re doing one figure per quarter, and 2020q3 is McCoy, with 2020q4 being the cyberman.

As interested as I am (and hope to order all of these when they go up for pre-order) the real question is when will they actually be released? At $230-250 per figure, that’s a major economic commitment... and we’re still waiting for McGann.

With big chief you just buckle in and cross your fingers that they released the figure before your eligible for Medicare

I have the first Tom and love it. But I’m noticing that the two new sculpts have movable eyes? Anyone else note that?
I will need to get this if that’s the case.
(I would have got this anyway)

I have the 1st 4th as well and I’d be kidding myself on if I said I wouldn’t get a 2nd 4th.
With the 2nd 4th Head, I always wanted to build another 4th, but couldn’t find a decent outfit.
I tried him in the spacesuit (from CO) but it just didn’t work.

Luckily I hate season 18 so this is an easy pass. Everything else they announced I'm in for. Hopefully they improve the scarf for this release. I got a custom knitted one on Etsy for the original 4th Doctor and it significantly improved that figure.

Must buy for me. Missed the original baker release and this iteration of the doctor is a grail for me
I feel exactly the same - very excited about this, it's an immediate pre-order for me (despite Big Chiefs spotty track record with QC issues).
Due to space issues (no pun intended) this will be my only 1/6 Doctor but he's THE Doctor as far as I'm concerned, I grew up with this guy on the TV...

Finally getting a Dalek and a Cyberman eh? That brings a huge smile to my face.

Back