Luna Lovegood review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Another SDCC is in the books, and there's a ton of stuff I'm looking forward to someday, maybe, perhaps getting to put on the shelf. Until then though, let's check out something you can add right now - another female sixth scale addition to your Harry Potter shelf! I'm checking out the young Luna Lovegood tonight:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-072219a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_luna_10.jpg

Surprised you gave the outfit a pass. The outfit on this figure is completely non-screen accurate, as they tried to re-use the year one robes from the early figures, even though the school uniform was completely different by the time Luna was introduced as a character.

Star Ace is soooooo phoning it in with this license these days. Both Ginny and Luna were basically new (sub-par) head sculpts with tons of reuse. Someone needs to pull the plug already.

Yeah, this is my second favorite HP character after Snape, and easily my favorite of the kids, and I just can't bring myself to get it. Inaccuracy due to reuse of parts, a mediocre sculpt (looks like a downgrade from the prototype and her eyes are too small)....and is that a 1st year body?

Love your reviews and use your site to make a ton of figure choices, but Seriously? 3 out of 4? 2 would have been closer, if not a bit generous.

Surprised you gave the outfit a pass. The outfit on this figure is completely non-screen accurate, as they tried to re-use the year one robes from the early figures, even though the school uniform was completely different by the time Luna was introduced as a character.

He's been going real easy on Star Ace stiff for some reason. There's stuff he dings Hot Toys figures on in the recent Obi-Wan review, that he glosses over on the Star Ace stuff.

The outfits on these two recent Star Ace figures have been awful. The fit is wrong, the scale of the sweater looks bad, and worst of all, like you said it's not screen accurate. All you have to do is take a look at the packaging to figure that out.

The Harry Potter license deserves better than what this company is doing.

Back