1/6 Frodo and Gandalf on horse carriage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stampe

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wow

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg

What do you have instead?

I moved onto 1/6 scale figures instead as I felt it was time for a change (now it is Hot Toys mostly, some ThreeZero, Middle Earth Asmus etc). I'd reached a point where I pretty much had all the characters I wanted in statue form and was happy with my collection. :)

I moved onto 1/6 scale figures instead as I felt it was time for a change (now it is Hot Toys mostly, some ThreeZero, Middle Earth Asmus etc). I'd reached a point where I pretty much had all the characters I wanted in statue form and was happy with my collection. :)

Oh, so you sold them all? I started in 1/6 figs and keep changing too. Now it's pretty much 1/4 or larger, but there are a few smaller scale pieces that work their way in and this might be one of them.

Oh, so you sold them all? I started in 1/6 figs and keep changing too. Now it's pretty much 1/4 or larger, but there are a few smaller scale pieces that work their way in and this might be one of them.

I'd love to have space for 1/4 scale stuff. I did sell off the majority of my Hobbit statues plus some LOTR pieces that I decided I could live without and just kept my fave characters (which was a lot!), so the majority of my LOTR statues and busts I do still have (albeit in storage atm as I rotate my displays) tbh I don't think I could bring myself to sell some of them. :lol

This piece though looks fantastic...I need to resist!! :panic:

I'd love to have space for 1/4 scale stuff. I did sell off the majority of my Hobbit statues plus some LOTR pieces that I decided I could live without and just kept my fave characters (which was a lot!), so the majority of my LOTR statues and busts I do still have (albeit in storage atm as I rotate my displays) tbh I don't think I could bring myself to sell some of them. :lol

This piece though looks fantastic...I need to resist!! :panic:

Ok, glad you kept some.

Yes, it does, I just hope they don't price it too crazy.

This has been a hoped-for grail piece for me for a long, long time. I was hoping to get it from Asmus in 1/6 scale but that may not be happening so will seriously consider picking up this piece.

Beautiful piece,i hope the paint apps come out close to prototype standards because I felt the master line was successful at reproducing Gollum 1/3 but came up a bit short for Treebeard.I sent mine TB back because the base wobbled like crazy,and to me the paint was good but not great,with light green to dark green shading and details missing from
proto to production.The TB at con looked alive,I felt production on mine looked a bit flat and lackluster

Nice set but will be too rich for me.

I am still hopeful that Asmus will release their version of the horse and cart that was spotted in some photographs some time ago.

I consider myself perhaps the biggest fan of Frodo on this site, and while this is overall a beautiful sculpture and the details on the fireworks and presents are remarkable... Frodo's likeness, or rather lack thereof, is a dealbreaker for me. Is hobbit hair really so impossible to sculpt? And why are his eyes so small?

c8nE2R8.jpg

ldvIbrf.jpg

I know only so much can be accomplished for sculptures at this size, and Weta's history of sculpted likenesses, especially for Frodo, is not the greatest, yet... For a 'Master's Collection' piece, I would've hoped for more.

Back