Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie looks like it will suck and be out of the theaters within a week. That being said I'll probably watch it on Netflix (I'm not paying current prices for this ****) and it's neat to see Ben Affleck back in one of these and Val Kilmer?!

So it's just called 'Reboot' because that's the story in the movie, OK, I see what they're doing there. Could be fun.

I was shocked half way through watching the Snowman to realize that was Val Kilmer, the man looks like he's been through Hell.

He had throat cancer.

I know.
He looked nothing like himself.

I met him recently at a convention. They were very careful with people seeing him, you weren't allowed to take any pictures of him, his booth was completely covered. He barely spoke (obviously) but when he did his voice was a raspy whisper, barely audible. I wonder how they handle that for the film. He was really nice though.

I loved Kevin Smith in the 90s. I thought he was a genius. "Dude....he's making references to Wolverine in a mainstream Hollywood movie!! He gets me!!"

Nobody was doing that back then.

Sadly though, he was just in the right place at the right time. There's a million Kevin Smiths all over the internet now. I remember seeing Jay and Silent Bob in the theater and groaning through most of it. It was clear his shtick was just about over. Then when Judd Apatow and his crew were the next big thing in raunchy comedy, that was it. Kevin Smith was officially a has-been. Yesterday's news.

I still respect what he did back in the 90s, and I even enjoy some of his writing, but this is just beyond sad. Dude should have hung up his trenchcoat 20 years ago.

Hopefully they have a scene that explains Kevin Smith's (and Rev Al Sharpton's, who used the same system) extreme weight loss regimen.

200.gif

As a huge fan of Clerks 1 this looks horrible every single line of dialogue was not funny.

JSB1 had some decent moment I mean who can forget Hamill’s dialogue but it certainly was no Clerks 1.

Chasing Amy also had decent moments but again no Clerks 1 but nor was it trying to be a Clerks style movie.

Mall Rats meh

Dogma yuck.

Whatever i’m not going to the the theater to see this new one sorry Kevin and Jason.

Clerks 1 though what a freaking masterpiece that was, right time right place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clerks 2 was excrement. As was Zack and Miri and all the rest that followed.

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Yes I forgot to mention Clerks 2 that was freaking atrocious.

That’s probably the reason why I forgot to mention it.

I will always respect him for what he accomplished with Clerks 1 though.

As a huge fan of Clerks 1 this looks horrible every single line of dialogue was not funny.

JSB1 had some decent moment I mean who can forget Hamill’s dialogue but it certainly was no Clerks 1.

Chasing Amy also had decent moments but again no Clerks 1 but nor was it trying to be a Clerks style movie.

Mall Rats meh

Dogma yuck.

Whatever i’m not going to the the theater to see this new one sorry Kevin and Jason.

Clerks 1 though what a freaking masterpiece that was, right time right place.

Jason Lee realizing, totally from left field and unmotivated, that he must sleep with Ben A was a highlight.:monkey3:yuck

Back