1/6 Hot Toys R5-D4 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r3dPyramid

Super Freak
Reaction score
As seen at SDCC 2019
388a274f288b0710ad22f11fdb2d48e8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

What's so great about this droid. Played no great role in a movie. D class character at best.

What's so great about this droid. Played no great role in a movie. D class character at best.

Arfive is the one of the most important characters in the entire saga.

He manufactured his malfunction to enable Artoo to join Threepio, and thereby bring about the events that followed.

I also think the Sideshow version was a good figure. He was such an improvement over their Artoo. I know HT are just re-purposing the body they have, but this would be a waste of a figure slot when it comes to scheduling production.

Missed out on the SS version, so this is a must-buy for me. Like the slightly less dirty look too.

I've been on the fence about picking up an R5 for awhile now. But I can still get one of the sideshow versions on eBay for about $250 AU, so I'll see what this one comes with.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Doubt this will go for pre order. I would be annoyed too if it went up for order and yet we still do not have the Death Star trooper.

I have the Sideshow version and I am happy with it.

While I agree this will probably not see the light of day, if it does, I'm getting him. Had the SS, he was just too small. Bespin Leia surprised me before, so I'll hold out hope that a couple of these that don't seem likely, HT takes a gamble on. Princess Leia v 2nd tier droid are 2 different things, but like I mentioned in another about the Gonk, what volume sales they wouldn't get due to "popularity", they should make up in production money. No likeness fees, no tailoring, just a half size piece of plastic. Hasbro did them for like $12. Can't be that expensive comparatively, but they'll still charge HT pricing. They'd make out just fine. So HT, if you're basing support on determining which actually gets PO'd, one more thumbs up for R5. Come on, he's original 20.

Doubt this will go for pre order. I would be annoyed too if it went up for order and yet we still do not have the Death Star trooper.

I have the Sideshow version and I am happy with it.

I also got the Sideshow version on sale some time. Also prefer the SS dirty weathered look to the pristine white plastic look myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree this will probably not see the light of day, if it does, I'm getting him. Had the SS, he was just too small. Bespin Leia surprised me before, so I'll hold out hope that a couple of these that don't seem likely, HT takes a gamble on. Princess Leia v 2nd tier droid are 2 different things, but like I mentioned in another about the Gonk, what volume sales they wouldn't get due to "popularity", they should make up in production money. No likeness fees, no tailoring, just a half size piece of plastic. Hasbro did them for like $12. Can't be that expensive comparatively, but they'll still charge HT pricing. They'd make out just fine. So HT, if you're basing support on determining which actually gets PO'd, one more thumbs up for R5. Come on, he's original 20.

The HT R2 was marginally bigger than the SSC R2, so I'm hoping the HT R5 might follow suit.

Back