Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Mondo-Universal Monsters-Creature From The Black Lagoon Collectible Figure

What's with all the yellow? I love the original Sideshow figures but I'm down for some new Universal Monsters.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    10 (100%)

He could be more green.

http://gammillustrations.bizland.com...orcreature.htm

Those images were colour corrected as the originals had too much red in them:

https://blackylagoon.neocities.org/life.html

The Mondo figure does have a card that says it's a work in progress, so hopefully the paint will be much better for production.

Super Freak

Feedback
    Now we need a Julie Adams to go with him.

Freakazoid

Feedback
    1 (100%)
    "Nose" is a bit too wide on the bottom, mouth is really good. Proportions and details seem to be pretty spot on. The costume would benefit if they could add some irregularities as in the original one. Definitely following this one.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Aside from the color and the face being slightly off it looks nice. But I hope it's articulated and not some hunk of plastic like a Neca figure or something.

Sean

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    200 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    The color is in line with other official merch. You don’t see red lipped Creatures released. I think these yellowish Creatures are considered Universal’s canon coloring and the set colors were just used for the best look in black and white. I’d prefer him more green but I’m OK with how he looks. Looked great in person.

I just couldn’t tell if he was limited articulated or has a rubber suit like Sideshow’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
    The color is in line with other official merch. You don’t see red lipped Creatures released. I think these yellowish Creatures are considered Universal’s canon coloring and the set colors were just used for the best look in black and white. I’d prefer him more green but I’m OK with how he looks. Looked great in person.

I just couldn’t tell if he was limited articulated or has a rubber suit like Sideshow’s.
    I didn't know that they'd settled on the yellow-green colour, though I noticed a smaller figure from another company was similar.

Looking closely at the photos he looks like he has quite a bit of articulation. There are lots of cut lines disguised as scales from his wrists and all the way up his arms, across his chest, hips and knees. No doubt the ankles as well, but it's hard to discern from these photos.

This and Wicket are the highlights of the show for me. I always found the Creature to be the most sinister of Universal's best known monsters.

The old Sideshow looked good for its time, but I wouldn't have been comfortable with the seamless parts. Much prefer exposed articulation even if it's not as accurate.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_112603a.htm

This is an earlier prototype, so it's basically a resin statue. The final figure will have articulation in which we'll hide the articulation the best we can (in the plates as some have surmised). Color- It's pretty green in person. The color photos posted above feature a suit that was painted just for those photos, if I remember correctly. No red lips on our guy.

And yes- there will be paint variants. One is to be expected. One is not.

Super Freak

Feedback
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis77 View Post
    This is an earlier prototype, so it's basically a resin statue. The final figure will have articulation in which we'll hide the articulation the best we can (in the plates as some have surmised). Color- It's pretty green in person. The color photos posted above feature a suit that was painted just for those photos, if I remember correctly. No red lips on our guy.

And yes- there will be paint variants. One is to be expected. One is not.
    Woohooo!!
    Can’t wait to pick this guy up. Will you be taking on other Universal Monsters also in 1/6 scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spiderforever 7; 07-23-2019 at 04:55 PM.