1/6 Hot Toys: R4-I9 - (Star Wars) A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Someone had to do it. Yes, the one you've been waiting for to complete your collection...

The infamous R4-I9

SDCC 7-17-19.jpg

For those who can't recall when they saw him...

R4-I9.jpg

But most of you likely know his cousin...

CZ-3_1.jpg

WANT!!! I love secondary droids especially Imperial ones. Sad to say but this is my highlight of the current con reveals. Hope this actually becomes available.

The infamous R4-I9

For those who can't recall when they saw him...

View attachment 461287

I hate to be that guy, but as a total astromech geek, I must, heh.:wink1: That shot is actually from a deleted scene/alternate take, which was never in the film. I9 is visible in ANH, although very briefly, and he almost blends into the background. He can be seen rolling by in the Yavin hangar during the scene where Han is loading his "reward" onto the transport, and Luke begins to chastise him.

Kind of surprised they went with this one first over R4-M9, but glad to see even obscure droids aren't out of the realm of possibility. Gimme more!

These look great, but I've decided to build my droid army with the 1/12 Bandai kits. That suits my shelf space and wallet just fine. Nice to see HT delving into droids though!

Surprise reveal, I wonder how many will be willing the shell out $200 on a background droid. Not for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That shot is actually from a deleted scene/alternate take, which was never in the film.

Most must have gathered that, as Ben never walked calmly by an Imperial officer.

I could swear I saw this cone-head droid in the background of a Vader shot though at some point -- perhaps down the hall when the officer runs up to Vader and says "They're evading our turbo lasers." Maybe? :dunno

Anyway, a green-and-white repaint would definitely pop on the shelf more.

Back