I was diagnosed with cancer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chengda85

Super Freak
Reaction score
so I'm worried about what will happen to my collection if I die or something lol.....or if I should even continue collecting, feelsbadman.

Feel for you. My dad passed away from that damned disease.

If you are not too late, enjoy your collection, keep on collecting, get what you want. And if you only have little time, even more so. To be realist, that disease has no real cure. You can extend your life for some time, but in the end, it returns.

But before all that, try getting close to the Lord. Enjoy what time you have left.

I feel for you my brother.

Hope you have the best possible outcome, whatever that may be.

I know of 3 people who got treatment for various types and have remained clear for many years, have a friend in treatment now.

Relationships of all kinds are more important than things, but by all means, enjoy doing what you love as you’re able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there. I had a very close friend diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, with no chance of recovery in 2010 and she's alive and kicking today.

Well **** that sucks.

On a purely practical level, you might want to ebay-ready all your stuff so whoever it is that you leave your collection to can cash it out if they don't want to keep it.

I hope it's good news for you from here.

Try and keep positive and do what makes you happy.

This. :lecture

There's been so many advancements with cancer treatment. My father died from bone cancer.

A friend of mine survived bone cancer and she was further along than my father. She's still cancer free five years after.

I wish you all the best and stay positive. :duff

stay positive indeed!

I have a few people within my circles who travel to Tijuana for cancer care. From what I remember them saying, US scientists, frustrated with America's medical system, take their innovations elsewhere.

My aunt was given 14 months when diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma... stem cell therapy allowed her to extend that by 8 years (received treatment in Canada).

I was told I had cancer a week before my twenty first birthday, and given less than a 50% chance of survival. This December, that will have been twenty five years ago. Don't give up. Don't get shaken by whatever odds you get given. Just endure as best you can, and enjoy as much of life in the meantime as you are able.

At the end of the day we all have a ticking clock against us. It's just that most people don't realise it, or think about it, until somebody comes along and shines a light on it. But it is still there, always, for all of us.

Do your treatment, live your life, reach out if you need to talk. That's honestly the best that I can really suggest. Good luck.

I'm sorry to hear that, but yeah all you can do is stay as positive as you can, as the alternative isn't really an option. If collecting still makes you happy then keep going, we need little distractions in life. Do what you've always wanted to do, share it with the people you love. Rules for all of us to live by, and one day we'll all realise there's more to life than objects and things.

I wish you luck

Back