Statue Sideshow: Spider-Man and Mary Jane Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
1125x900_previewbanner_200556_SpiderManMJMaq-2.jpg

A new Marvel collectible is coming to Sideshow. Presenting the Spider-Man and Mary Jane Maquette inspired by J. Scott Campbell’s artwork. This piece will be up for pre-order in the near future! Be sure to RSVP in the meantime!

1125x682_previewbanner_500736_SpiderManRenewPrint.jpg

Last edited:
I like everything about this except for Pete’s face.

I also find it very off-putting. Too long and satyr-looking.

It's too bad Sideshow can't seem to be able to do a piece of my favorite character entirely to my liking.

Damn! This is one of my favorite JSC artworks. Love that they made it into a statue.

Might just have to buy the art print. I would also love to get this statue, but I must agree about Pete's face. Something was lost in translation from the artwork to the statue. I'm thinking it's Pete's eyes ...like the irises are too close ...like borderline cross-eyed. His eyebrows might be too close, too.

MJ looks great, tho, in the statue. Even with the change in leg positions ...she still looks sexy as hell.

Looks like he is about to choke her out

Lol he sorta does! Apart from his face, this is a great statue (proto) and they even changed MJ's pose for the better IMO

Wouldn't mind a solo MJ piece like this

In the artwork Peter looks like he's in love. The sculpt makes him look like a creep

They nailed MJ in this, one of the best they've done. They missed on Pete. Companies really seem to hit and miss with Campbell's art. Even Sideshow has their fair share of fails with the triumphs.

1125x900_previewbanner_200556_SpiderManMJMaq-2.jpg

Peter's supposed to be an average Joe, but a rather handsome one.

This one, though, reminds me of David Patrick Kelly, of 'The Warriors', 'Commando' and 'The Crow' fame:

Rv5bqW0.jpg

Ouch. Who let that through production? Peter looks creepy and sleazy, not the wholesome young hero he's supposed to be. Not even close to the artwork.

Back