Chronicle Star Trek USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D 1/1000 Scale Ship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Chronicle just put this up for pre-order, looks really good, price is $2K

https://chroniclecollectibles.com/collections/chronicle-products/products/enterprise-d
EnterpriseDLit7_large.jpg

For 2k I'd better be able to fly that thing around.

Seems high, but judging from the pics it looks very detailed and not something to be compared to those Diamond select toys. This looks to be a massive upgrade to those. I never thought those Diamond ships were nice enough to have in the collection, although wasn't looking to spend 2K either. I still kick myself for not being able to bid on the real screen used models as to my mind they actually went fairly reasonably, and I have no time for building one so this might fit the bill. I just wish they still did early bird discounts.

Seems high, but judging from the pics it looks very detailed and not something to be compared to those Diamond select toys. This looks to be a massive upgrade to those. I never thought those Diamond ships were nice enough to have in the collection, although wasn't looking to spend 2K either. I still kick myself for not being able to bid on the real screen used models as to my mind they actually went fairly reasonably, and I have no time for building one so this might fit the bill. I just wish they still did early bird discounts.

I'm all for intricate detail on something that is truly set apart from everything else, and I still like Star Trek more than SW but damn! 2k is a lot. If the real screen models were that much (+/-) that seems like a deal for a used prop. Base looks pretty cool too.

That's awesome. I loved MR models 12 years ago, but with how much statues and replicas are now can't buy these anymore.

I'm all for intricate detail on something that is truly set apart from everything else, and I still like Star Trek more than SW but damn! 2k is a lot. If the real screen models were that much (+/-) that seems like a deal for a used prop. Base looks pretty cool too.

No, the real ones were each around 100K-200K if I remember right, it was a while ago.

Please. It looks to me they're just building the off-the-shelf AMT clear plastic model kit. I built it with the stock aztec decals + my own lights for ~ $200.00.

IMG_20190713_105104.jpg

$2k- lol no Thanks Amt kit is large and done right for under $150 with lights(you have to build it though)

Please. It looks to me they're just building the off-the-shelf AMT clear plastic model kit. I built it with the stock aztec decals + my own lights for ~ $200.00.

View attachment 460729

Chronicle's doesn't look to have the raised panel lines or smooth phaser strips of the AMT kit. Also has the windows forward of the Captain's Yacht that are missing from the AMT D as well as the greeblies at the top rear of the nacelles from the movie version of the D, which are also not in the AMT kit (because the kit is several years older than Generations). That's a pretty good looking model you got there, BTW.

That's a nice model, but you can clearly see the detail differences and CC one is quite a bit larger too, so obviously not what you say.

That's a nice model, but you can clearly see the detail differences and CC one is quite a bit larger too, so obviously not what you say.
Yeah, you're right, I double checked and the AMT is 1/1400 scale. Still, the point is, $2K....*cough* I don't think so. :D

It's a great idea Chronicle came up with for the base, but it's very distracting from the Enterprise itself.:)

Back