Obi-Wan Kenobi (deluxe) figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry for the late review, but I spent all my weekend (and I'm not quite done yet) building a carpetball table. It should be ready for carpetball fun by next Saturday! I'm getting back to a Hot Toys release tonight, looking at the deluxe version of the terrific new Obi-Wan Kenobi:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-070819a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_obiwan_4.jpg

Thanks for the review, but I'd like to know if you were having trouble with the lighting? His face has a lot of shadow in the pictures and makes it harder to tell if the likeness is there.

Thanks as always for the review, Michael. They are never late...I enjoy reading your take on figures I've gotten as well as ones I'm thinking about.

One thing you brought up in this one turned out to be VERY informative...you commented on a "rub mark"on the figure's hair. I too had this in a small spot on the back of his head. I was pretty stunned by it as I've never experienced this with an HT figure either. Thankfully, it's on the back of the head so I may try to touch it up myself at some point. It was just so unexpected.

Otherwise, I agree pretty much with all of your comments. And regarding your photos, I appreciate them and am one of those that prefers some shadow with the lighting. It helps bring out the character and in some instances even change the expression a bit to suit the moment you may be trying to capture. It's something I always enjoy doing with the figures when taking shots of them...experimenting with warm and cool light, shadows or color. It can really enhance the best qualities (and sometimes hide some bad ones as well).

So the arm isn't that hard to swap out, eh? Had read some comments in here that it was so I hadn't tried yet. I wanted to get some duel shots with Anakin before Kenobi ends up in the display setting. I wasn't real happy with how the change-out works with Anakin...that gauntlet is a bit of a pain to put back on over the sleeve.

Hoping you are picking up Dooku...I'm looking forward to your thoughts on that one. Looking forward to more reviews!

Thanks!

Terrific review and very nice photos. This version of Obi-Wan has quickly become one of my favorite figures. If I had the extra money I would get a second to display him with his robe on and one without because I love both looks so much. Without the robe on the outfit has such a nice samurai look. But the robe is very nice and completes the "Obi-Wan" look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back