Who has the Buffy sixth scale RIGHTS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthkush

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know the show is older but why aren't companies doing any of these figures now? I feel like Buffy and Angel characters could sell really well if marketed correctly. The Sideshow figures were decent for their time but new versions are sorely needed. Is anybody sitting on the rights right now? I think QMX, Threezero or even Asmus would make good figures.

I don’t know who has the rights. Potentially still Sideshow... or no one!

I’d like updated versions but your company suggestions aren’t that good because:

Qmx: announces stuff but never produces them
Three zero: see the Scully debacle
Asmus: great clothing, less than stellar heads.

I’d rather have unofficial figures by a company like Supermadtoys who cares about the stuff they produce.

Considering we arent getting any figures, nobody i guess.

I'd like to see Buffy figures at today's level for sure, but I've got very little faith (heh), in a a lot of the current companies that would be more likely to make them.

With QMX, we would've have to worry about getting just a second figure after Buffy. Star Ace has fumbled so badly with the Harry Potter line. Threezero now has the Scully issue.

A Buffy line for me is Buffy, Angel, Spike, the Scooby Gang and Faith.

Threezero is going super hard with Game of thrones. I think they would do the best job.

What...what is the Scully debacle? Did the Scilly figure come out bad or something?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

The Scully head is not scaled correctly, nor is the body, really. She looks silly next to Mulder side by side.

It doesn't matter if a show gets old. We see tons of shows, much older than Buffy the Vampire Slayer still get lots of product licensing. As long as there is a following, and Buffy has that in the millions, companies can still release product and make money ... as long as they are smart about it and understand their audience and its needs/wants. I would like to find out who has that license, if anyone has it now, because it would be nice to see some newer high end stuff come out on the shows Buffy and Angel. The stuff we got, the 1/6 and 1/12 inch variety that was produced years ago, was good for its time, but the high end stuff that is coming out by companies today, with digital sculpting software, upgraded machines that can get finer details out at smaller to large scales... it's a new animal from yesterday's past.

While I don't see Hot Toys ever doing Buffy, I would love to see how SideShow's take of it now... or other companies take. I want BTVS figures that can actually stand on their own and hold good poses. Neither Sideshow's 1/6th scale line did that (most of the time their bodies would fold over, the weak ankles wouldn't hold up), and then there are those weak sculpts, scaling of accessories and clothes, to horrible base bodies, with flat paint apps... to the smaller Moore and Diamond produced stuff, that were essentially mini plastic statues. Most of them couldn't even stand properly on their bases let alone stand on their own. They also came with limited articulation.. so you were better off keeping them in their packaging. At least they displayed well. You just couldn't play or pose them. And let's face it, most of them didn't look like their real life actor counterparts.

I've talked to a friend with amazing cgi talent about redoing the gang in 1/6 for headsculpts and he's just started my buffy one. I'm sure I could get him to do them for more people if we get enough interest on board.

I'd like to see Buffy figures at today's level for sure, but I've got very little faith (heh), in a a lot of the current companies that would be more likely to make them.

With QMX, we would've have to worry about getting just a second figure after Buffy. Star Ace has fumbled so badly with the Harry Potter line. Threezero now has the Scully issue.

Agreed. I'd say Blitzway would be the best choice for this.

I've talked to a friend with amazing cgi talent about redoing the gang in 1/6 for headsculpts and he's just started my buffy one. I'm sure I could get him to do them for more people if we get enough interest on board.

Well I'd always be up for another Spike head. Spike, Angel or Wesley. :D

Well I'd always be up for another Spike head. Spike, Angel or Wesley. :D
Ok thanks everyone for your two cents!

So far the Count is for:

Buffy
Spike
Angel
&
Wesley

I know how rampant these boards used to be for the scooby gang. I have to say I'm rather surprised that there are so many that are gone. Maybe we'll see influx when the new show with the black Actress that supposed to take the helm premieres? Good to hear from you guys!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'd like to see Buffy figures at today's level for sure, but I've got very little faith (heh).

Agreed Josette. No one is going to get the license again sadly. And if they do it will be when the new show comes out with the new protagonist. And then we wont get our scooby gang but the new one. The ones that you mentioned though. Those would be it for me as well. Some of the more core members first.

Buff
Giles
Willow
Zander
Cordy
Angel
Faith

Baddies:

Spike
Dru
Master
Hush
Etc

With how little have chimed in it seems like I'll be funding it most out of pocket instead of being able to show him we have so many and him be able to get us prices on everything so. Options are to continue going my route and or see what the gentlemen above with the cgi talent can do or a mixture of the two.

Jeez, thought this section of the forum was extinct!

I would love a modern 1/6 scale high end Buffy and Angel line - and I believe that if one were to be announced our little corner of the sky here would be lively again. but the current lack of figures (or even movement or whispers ABOUT figures) makes it hard to maintain a sustained interest.

I would dive deep into a Buffy and Angel line but oddly enough I am a little more selective with the heroes - its the villains I really love. So here are some with a few accessories or looks I would particularly love.

Heroes:

Buffy - I wouldn't personally have the space for an endless assortment of Buffys each corresponding to a key episode/outfit/accessory arrangement so I would try to limit it. I especially love her 'Prophecy Girl' look and think it looks really unique and iconic, so that for me would be a must buy. I would then also get a more "regular" look for Buffy, like either of her Graduation Day outfits and bill it as an "ultimate Buffy" that would come with a nice assortment of accessories from the varying seasons like the Scythe, Olafs Hammer, Mr Pointy, Acathla Sword, Rocket Launcher ( :lol ) etc. with the Seal of Danzalthar as a deluxe looking base.

Giles - early seasons tweed clad Giles in particular, would love if he came with Vampyr book, Moloch book, Der Kinderstod book, some of the band candy.

Angel/us - swap-able vamp head sculpt, Smile Time puppet Angel, sketches of Buffy, Joyce and Miss Calendar from 'Passion', Acathla sword, Orb of Thesulah, Shanzu prophecy scroll, wrist mounted stakes etc.

Spike - his season 2/3/4 outfit, vamp sculpt, season 7 necklace, Gem of Amara sculpted hand, Dulac Cross,

Faith - I've always been partial to her outfits from 'Graduation day part 1' or 'This Year's Girl', with her unique knife, bow and arrows used to shoot Angel, hand with the body-swap device sculpted on, pistol, handcuffs...

Wesley - Grizzled Angel season 4 and 5 Wesley with all his guns, his enormous amount of assorted wrist mounted weapons, Mo'ping with soul (light up)

Illyria - with her sarcophagus, broken axe from when Wesley tries to.... you know, ripped out demon spine.

The First Slayer - such an awesome design.

Villains:

The Master - comes with Throne, sunken Church diorama like scenery, prophecy book, espresso cup (with dainty sipping motion hand) and glass from 'The Wish'.

The Gentlemen - with transparent stands to look like they are 'floating', magic voice holding box, hearts (in jar?), Giles slides and surgical equipment.

Drusilla - either her white gown, red dress, red coat with fur trim or any of her outfits would be fine with me tbh, with swap-able vamp head, her tarot from 'Whats My Line', her dolls like Miss Edith, bird cage with dead bird :lol

The Mayor - with his bisected head sculpt from when he gains his invulnerability, knife through hand, Box of Gavrok and spider, Shrunken heads and other occult paraphernalia from his cabinet, desk and chair, box of tissues... or an Olvikan head diorama (while I'm dreaming, I may as well dream big...)

D'Hoffryn - great character and design, could come with some blue lightening effects and Willow's burn bathroom floor from 'Something Blue' could be the base.

Der Kinderstod - super creepy and cool design, should come with his eye stalks, the Der Kinderstod book (if not with Giles) and the pictures the kids draw of him and Buffy killing him.

Moloch - both demon and robot version, Moloch is one of my favourite demon designs. Could come with his book and its box, maybe a 90's monitor with some creepy writing to willow on.

The Judge - it would be cool if he came in the unique separate boxes his pieces are kept in, or the complete one which Drusilla assembles. especially if they come divided and you "assemble" the figure by putting the head sculpt on and attaching the arms/legs to the figures torso.

Holtz - in his brown inverness coat, sword, crossbow, grenade, barrel, flame effects - his character was honestly badass and probably the most successful villain on either show.

Skip the demon - awesome design and fun, memorable character.

Sweet - an Iconic design, and the demon respobsible for 'Once More With Feeling', whats not to love!

The Beast - with blood and bodies deluxe diorama style base, the different pieces of the winged sun-orb he rips from the Ra-Tet, human heart, severed limbs, the knife he forges from himself. One badass demon and scary but classic demon design.

Cyvus Vail - I love (and hate) this little red creepy wizard demon with his IV drip and tubing, should come with fireball, kukri, and Orlon Window.

Dark Willow - with alternate headsculpt covered in the dark magic writing and symbols from when she is absorbing the books, and a pair of hands molded into the books doing the absorbing, with part ginger part black hair.

Anyway massive post over - thanks for the thought experiment!!

Still around though the wife 'Saya' does not really collect anymore. She was more into Buffy than I. There are some great repaint out there that really bring out the detail. Most figures we already have or ebay for 40-100$, new bodies and repaints go along way. buffy.jpg

Still around though the wife 'Saya' does not really collect anymore. She was more into Buffy than I. There are some great repaint out there that really bring out the detail. Most figures we already have or ebay for 40-100$, new bodies and repaints go along way.
I'd love to see any pics of repaints that anyone has!

Wow, that repaint completely transforms those heads.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Sure did, and on better bodies the clothes fit better.

Back