Has anyone used homeboytoys.com in the uk ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since i mainly collect hot toys iron man i dont need many suppliers but this one has good prices & wondered if anyone has feedback. https://homeboytoys.com/

Looks very suspicious, Especially when you see offers like:

"For the duration of 4th July, at homeboytoys.com buy one hot toys action figure and get one (the cheapest) half price! The most expensive still gets our current 22% discount with the coupon code wqbsmd!"

I pre-ordered my Darth Maul there using the former 20% code and paid the deposite 30€ via Paypal invoice.
I think the Paypal buyer protection helped me with this desicion.
Now wait and see.
Maybe a friendly UK freak can take a look at their store? They posted their address too.

I'd never heard of them before today. Those prices seen way, way too good to be true if you ask me.

I pre-ordered my Darth Maul there using the former 20% code and paid the deposite 30€ via Paypal invoice.
I think the Paypal buyer protection helped me with this desicion.
Now wait and see.
Maybe a friendly UK freak can take a look at their store? They posted their address too.

They'll just stall for 180 days and then grab your money and wave you for goodbye.

Not a store. It's a $150K townhouse. Not an authorized sideshow reseller and no way they can offer those prices buying from another retailer. All items they offer are pre-order only (even ones that have been out on the market for a while).

Untitled.jpg

Yeah...so just perused through the site and their "Privacy Policy" page has absolutely nothing on it...sketchy AF for sure.

Although their social media presence makes them seem very active and somewhat legit, but the super low prices along with the address that is nothing more than a residential neighborhood, as well as the lack of a professional-looking website makes me convinced that it's fraud...so buyer beware. :lecture

They'll just stall for 180 days and then grab your money and wave you for goodbye.

Yeah that's why I chose Maul because it is supposed to be released within 180 days...

Not a store. It's a $150K townhouse. Not an authorized sideshow reseller and no way they can offer those prices buying from another retailer. All items they offer are pre-order only (even ones that have been out on the market for a while).

View attachment 459773

You were actually there? Awesome! Yeah looks suspect indeed.

Edit: just saw it's from google :lol

Yeah...so just perused through the site and their "Privacy Policy" page has absolutely nothing on it...sketchy AF for sure.

Although their social media presence makes them seem very active and somewhat legit, but the super low prices along with the address that is nothing more than a residential neighborhood, as well as the lack of a professional-looking website makes me convinced that it's fraud...so buyer beware. :lecture

Yeah, their social media activities made me wanna believe in them.
Also he has been an ebay seller since 2004 with 99.2% positive ratings.

But you are all right. The more I look at the facts, the more suspect he is becoming...

Hi all , I am the proprietor of homeboytoys.com and can assure you all that it is perfectly legitimate, I may not have the flashiest website, and I understand the too good to be true nature of some of the comments on here. I can’t go into full details about the finances of my operation for obvious reasons but can definitely reassure you all that it is perfectly possible for me to make money this way and that the more people who order from my site the longer I can keep providing the value I think is important for my customers.

Hi all , I am the proprietor of homeboytoys.com and can assure you all that it is perfectly legitimate, I may not have the flashiest website, and I understand the too good to be true nature of some of the comments on here. I can’t go into full details about the finances of my operation for obvious reasons but can definitely reassure you all that it is perfectly possible for me to make money this way and that the more people who order from my site the longer I can keep providing the value I think is important for my customers.

I really appreciate that you come here to show your credibility. :clap

Do you have an estimate date when you will receive and ship Hot Toys Darth Maul, since it's already released in Hong Kong? Thank you.

My eta for the Maul figures is currently sometime October to March. Sorry it isn’t sooner.

homeboytoys.com

X

I really appreciate that you come here to show your credibility. :clap

Do you have an estimate date when you will receive and ship Hot Toys Darth Maul, since it's already released in Hong Kong? Thank you.

Sorry bro, but a random stranger creating a fresh account to address glaring issues regarding their business's legitimacy does not show "credibility" in the slightest.

If Markfger is indeed the owner of homeboytoys.com, instead of a bored troll, then perhaps he should take the time to address all the grievances that have been stated in this thread ranging from the shoddy/incomplete website to the business address of a random residential neighborhood. Or perhaps provide proof that you are indeed the owner of the site instead of just saying you are.

Actions speak louder than words.

Because if that's the case, I want everyone to know that I'm Steve Jobs...you know, the former CEO of Apple...anyways I'm very much alive and well...just take my word for it! It's the internet after all...therefore everything I say must be true! :rotfl

Please excuse me if I come across as rude...but I'm just highly skeptical is all...

Sorry bro, but a random stranger creating a fresh account to address glaring issues regarding their business's legitimacy does not show "credibility" in the slightest.

If Markfger is indeed the owner of homeboytoys.com, instead of a bored troll, then perhaps he should take the time to address all the grievances that have been stated in this thread ranging from the shoddy/incomplete website to the business address of a random residential neighborhood. Or perhaps provide proof that you are indeed the owner of the site instead of just saying you are.

Actions speak louder than words.

Because if that's the case, I want everyone to know that I'm Steve Jobs...you know, the former CEO of Apple...anyways I'm very much alive and well...just take my word for it! It's the internet after all...therefore everything I say must be true! :rotfl

Please excuse me if I come across as rude...but I'm just highly skeptical is all...

I don’t feel it’s incumbent upon me to provide any proof of ownership or even really address whatever the grievances are of people who aren’t even my customers but I do wish to reject any accusations of trying to con people whatsoever . I just want to make a few bucks selling toys, if my website isn’t up to scratch in anyone’s opinion then fine nd I’m sure it’s a genuine opinion and not meant badly at all. I’m not Steve jobs , just a one person operation with a godaddy hosted site trying to make his way in the world . Best of luck to all of you in all of your endeavours.

I don’t feel it’s incumbent upon me to provide any proof of ownership or even really address whatever the grievances are of people who aren’t even my customers but I do wish to reject any accusations of trying to con people whatsoever . I just want to make a few bucks selling toys, if my website isn’t up to scratch in anyone’s opinion then fine nd I’m sure it’s a genuine opinion and not meant badly at all. I’m not Steve jobs , just a one person operation with a godaddy hosted site trying to make his way in the world . Best of luck to all of you in all of your endeavours.

True, you absolutely have no obligation to prove you are the owner of the "business," but when your supposed business's reputation/legitimacy on a toy collection forum is called into question I think it would behoove you and greatly benefit your business to try and clear the air.

I also think it's hypocritical that you say you "don’t feel it’s incumbent to provide any proof of ownership or even really address whatever the grievances are of people who aren't even my customers"...yet you specifically created an account on here solely to address people's skepticism. And then when you are called out to provide proof that you are legitimate you say you don't have to...okay. That's fine, you do you, but you certainly won't win over any new customers with that blase attitude.

Also I didn't say you are Steve Jobs...I AM STEVE JOBS! I'm also selling all my Apple products at a 35% discount...just visit my Geocities website. :wave

True, you absolutely have no obligation to prove you are the owner of the "business," but when your supposed business's reputation/legitimacy on a toy collection forum is called into question I think it would behoove you and greatly benefit your business to try and clear the air...but hey, you do you.

Also I didn't say you are Steve Jobs...I AM STEVE JOBS! I'm also selling all my Apple products at a 35% discount...just visit my Geocities website. :wave

Actually, apart from stating what I’ve already stated I’m not sure I’m able to offer any more than that unless anyone has any suggestions. I’m certainly not going to disclose business/financial information that could be even more prejudicial to my business than idle speculation. I really dont get the negativity being displayed by some on here but I guess that’s just the way of the world these days. I’m willing to sell at these prices and I can still make money doing it. I have also refunded plenty of people on eBay and my site who have changed their mind only ever taking 2 weeks at most to process a refund. Not sure what more I can say or do other than concentrating on my website and business which I accept are works in progress but are fundamentally sound and legitimate.

Back