crawl 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIBBY1957DOG

Super Freak
Reaction score

Crawl
2019 ‧ Thriller/Disaster ‧ 1h 27m
Image result for crawl
Play trailer on YouTube
DescriptionWhen a massive hurricane hits her Florida town, young Haley ignores the evacuation orders to search for her missing father, Dave. After finding him gravely injured in their family home, the two of them become trapped by the rapidly encroaching floodwaters. With the storm strengthening, Haley and Dave discover an even greater threat than the rising water level -- a relentless attack from a pack of gigantic alligators.
Release date: 23 August 2019 (United Kingdom)
Director: Alexandre Aja
Budget: 17 million USD
Distributed by: Paramount Pictures
Producers: Alexandre Aja, Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert, Craig J. Flores

just found out about this today looks a good bet for a non superhero good time at the movies this summer ,
:)

One of my most anticipated for the summer. It has all the ingredients for another Alex Aja classic. Yes !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know it's gonna be super gory cause it's directed by Aja. I'm expected an even gorier unrated version when the home release rolls out.

How is that any more of a ludicrous premise than a town being terrorized by a very large vengeful shark?

Um, because the story behind Jaws ACTUALLY HAPPENED and in the same region where Jaws is set (the New Jersey attacks, 1916 - four killed,) and has happened to some degree MANY times over the past century (more than one shark attack in the same area over a short period of time causing a panic) whereas I'm not aware of many cases of attractive young women being trapped in a house with alligators during a Hurricane.:dunno

So choose your "ludicrous" premise I guess:rotfl

Um, because the story behind Jaws ACTUALLY HAPPENED and in the same region where Jaws is set (the New Jersey attacks, 1916 - four killed,) and has happened to some degree MANY times over the past century (more than one shark attack in the same area over a short period of time causing a panic) whereas I'm not aware of many cases of attractive young women being trapped in a house with alligators during a Hurricane.:dunno

So choose your "ludicrous" premise I guess:rotfl

No it didn't happen. It was a group of smaller sharks (bull sharks I think). There was no giant GW attacking boats and hunting people vengfully. I'm sure somewhere on multiple occasions people were attacked by gators in flood water.

No it didn't happen. It was a group of smaller sharks (bull sharks I think). There was no giant GW attacking boats and hunting people vengfully. I'm sure somewhere on multiple occasions people were attacked by gators in flood water.

Let’s not compare this film to the brilliance that is JAWS.

Anyways

First I heard about it being a “group” of Bull Sharks... But yes the 1916 attacks have been put on the Bull shark. The shark swam up a small creek that connected to the ocean.. Bull sharks live in both salt and fresh water so that is why they assume it was a Bull and not a GW.... Nobody knows for sure though.

From National Geographic “There’s some debate if a bull shark was responsible for the deaths in Matawan Creek because they are known to inhabit fresh and brackish waters; however, Burgess says the evidence points to the young great white. ”

Last edited:
I also saw this today. Not bad. Wish the film was more realistic with the CGI movements of the gators. When done right it worked. Other Times it took me out of the movie.

It was good, for what it strived to be. I don't expect meticulous attention to alligator behavior, or movement, but the way alligators attempt to remove meat from a victim was very accurate.

It was enjoyable, and the 87 minute runtime was perfect.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back