New to LOTR collecting? Where to start?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthkush

Super Freak
Reaction score
Currently I collect Hot Toys Marvel and Star Wars, QMX Star Trek and Threezero Game of Thrones but i'm thinking of doing some Asmus Lord of the Rings. I had resisted it when I first started 1/6th collecting because a lot of reviews said the quality just wasn't there yet but I've noticed a huge difference in their releases the past year or two. All these slim and 2.0 versions look damn great. So my question is this...what is the best ideal version of the main cast, or the fellowhip more or less?

Specifically I want to get:
Aragorn
Legolas
Gandalf(grey for sure an possibly white too)
Gimli
Frodo
Arwen
Saruman

and I heard they were making Galadriel and if that looks badass enough, I'll get her too. Any other characters would depend on my other preorders for other brands. My dream figure is a Gollum/Sméagol but if that figure existed I would already own it lol.

The Crown edition of Gandalf was just announced and is up for preorder on asmus’s site, and they have a thread going for a Crown edition of Aragorn. It sounds like Crown editions will be fewer and further between, but I think it’s safe to bet that there will be versions in this line that they did much earlier on, such as Gandalf and Aragorn. You can still get Arwen from Sideshow - not sure about Asmus’s site. I personally am waiting on Legolas as I would be very surprised to not see him done in the Crown line since he has mixed reviews. The other ones I believe you’ll be limited to getting from resellers, but I could be wrong!

I just unloaded my humongous collection of ToyBiz LOTR figures so I could do this as well. (I’m actually getting rid of all figures that aren’t 1/6 scale.)

I just bought slim Frodo and slim Sam and am about to buy Arwen. I’ll do crown Gandalf the Grey and I think I’m going to hold off for a while on Aragorn in hopes that he gets a crown version.

My recommendation is go to Monkey on Fire’s website. They have the absolute best prices on the lord of the rings figures. You can get all four hobbits, gimli, Aragorn, sauraman and Eomer. On Asmus’ website you can also pick up Grishnak and Legolas. If I am not mistake that leaves these figures as hard ones to purchase:
Eowyn
Mouth of Sauron
Gothmog
Ringwraith
Ringwraith’s steed
Witch King

Did I miss anyone?

Well you really need to go there and back again to do it right.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

My Fellowship is now complete:

ACI Aragorn
Asmus Gimli
Asmus Gandalf (with custom haired head)
Asmus Frodo
Asmus Samwise
Asmus Merry
Asmus Pippin
Sideshow Legolas (soon to have a custom haired head)
Sideshow Boromir (with Asmus haired head)

LOTR.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Now I have some browsing to do.[emoji106]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I just unloaded my humongous collection of ToyBiz LOTR figures so I could do this as well. (I’m actually getting rid of all figures that aren’t 1/6 scale.)

I just bought slim Frodo and slim Sam and am about to buy Arwen. I’ll do crown Gandalf the Grey and I think I’m going to hold off for a while on Aragorn in hopes that he gets a crown version.

My recommendation is go to Monkey on Fire’s website. They have the absolute best prices on the lord of the rings figures. You can get all four hobbits, gimli, Aragorn, sauraman and Eomer. On Asmus’ website you can also pick up Grishnak and Legolas. If I am not mistake that leaves these figures as hard ones to purchase:
Eowyn
Mouth of Sauron
Gothmog
Ringwraith
Ringwraith’s steed
Witch King

Did I miss anyone?

Is that site legit?

I ordered a Sam from there earlier this month and it arrived with no issues. $104 for me with shipping included and no tax. Much cheaper than anywhere else I would have bought him.

Back