Mego doing LOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninersphan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So not sure how many of you are old enough to remember MEGO figures from the 70's but the company was relaunched last year. Originally they were exclusive to Target, but are now available at other retailers, most online. What does this have to do with LOTR you may ask? well the yearly Mego collectors get together called Mego Meet was held last week where it was announced that MEGO would be doing LOTR figures in their 8' scale line. They showed a complete figure for Aragorn and the head sculpt for Legolas. No pictures were allowed and no word on what other characters they were offering. Price point on these is only $14.99 and it's meant to be a kid's play line not a high end collectors line. Don't know if they will appeal to most collector's here as they aren't 1/6 scale and likely won't be ultra realistic in sculpt, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway.

reminds me of the old Toybiz, it was CRAZY the time, collected hundreds of them, and I remember was like $10 a figure.
Some of the orcs still look amazing today

Neat. If they are decent enough I might get a few for my kids or even myself. Even if I end up thinking they are hideous I still say the more brands making Middle Earth stuff the better. It means that there is still enough appeal all these years after the movies to justify making merchandise.

reminds me of the old Toybiz, it was CRAZY the time, collected hundreds of them, and I remember was like $10 a figure.
Some of the orcs still look amazing today

Their Sauron was pretty great and the glow in the dark king of the dead was an interesting go.

Back