Marvel Fans, ASSEMBLE!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...-confirms-re-release-with-new-footage-a169025

Do you think Avatar is overhyped?
Did you love endgame?

Endgame is just a little over 40 million to beat Avatar.
At the moment, its looking slim to beat Avatar.
Disney is making a push to make Endgame, the #1 movie of all time. With everyone's help,
we can knock off that overhyped giant and have Endgame, take the rightful spot.
Endgame is re-releasing this weekend with a few surprises. They said its not an extended cut.
But it'll have tributes, deleted scenes, among other things.

If you have no plans this weekend, go tell your friends...go to the theater, and...

Cnm7yAO.gif

EDIT: The re-released is actually on the 28th, not next weekend.

Last edited:
This reminds me a bit of when people were donating money to Kylie Jenner to help her become the youngest billionaire ever.

So they had to do a re-release in order to try and best Avatar? It was a good movie but theyre just trying too hard...

Well, Avatar also was re-released in the following summer with an Extended Edition in IMAX theaters only adding 9 minutes. It earned around $30 million which then was added to the original box office take.

Well, Avatar also was re-released in the following summer with an Extended Edition in IMAX theaters only adding 9 minutes. It earned around $30 million which then was added to the original box office take.

Exactly. I remember that.
I've seen Endgame twice now, and I still want to see it one more time before it leaves the theater, so I'm going this sunday. :)

So they had to do a re-release in order to try and best Avatar? It was a good movie but theyre just trying too hard...

And I'm sure Avatar will get a re-release when Avatar 2 comes out and retake the crown haha.

This reminds me a bit of when people were donating money to Kylie Jenner to help her become the youngest billionaire ever.

Yeah literally. Its ****ing Disney. Do they need more money?

I've hated avatar since it came out never understood how hyped up it was all my friends watched it on repeat when it came out on DVD drove me crazy

Could go to the theaters.... or could just wait for it to come out on blu ray, and own it for less than going to the theater 1 time. Who cares where it ranks all time for box office? What difference does it make?

Pass....gonna skip this dumpster fire of a film. Supporting it once in the theater was more than enough on my part.

Exactly. I remember that.
I've seen Endgame twice now, and I still want to see it one more time before it leaves the theater, so I'm going this sunday. :)

If you wait until next Sunday, whatever content they have planned for this re-release will be on then... not this Sunday.

I maintain digital content up in the projection booth at my local theater and this weekend is all about Toy Story 4.

If you wait until next Sunday, whatever content they have planned for this re-release will be on then... not this Sunday.

I maintain digital content up in the projection booth at my local theater and this weekend is all about Toy Story 4.

Ah, thank you for the heads up. I didnt realize its the following week.
I appreciate it bud. :duff

While I really don't care if Avengers ends up beating Avatar at the box office, I see no reason why Marvel shouldn't go after the bragging rights when they are within striking distance. This is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, and any other company would do the same thing. Not to mention adding $25M-$50M+ to the coffers would be icing on the cake. I doubt I'll go see it at the theater again, unless there's something really special, but am looking forward to the digital release.

Nah, seen it twice already, I'll wait for the home release now. Not spending anymore so Disney, Marvel, and everyone involved can have bragging rights, they already took all my money from tickets and merchandises.

Avatar was re-released too. Endgame is only 6 million shy of beating Avatar's original box office run., which it was already going to do with out this extra scene version. Avatar made more than 30 million in it's re-release, So Endgame should also be able to do a re-release.

Fair is fair.

Also, Avatar was in theaters for over 9 months to make it's box office in it's original run. Endgame has been out what? Less than 2 months and it's 6 million shy of beating Avatar's original run. Pretty damn impressive.

Back