New to this...excited an scared

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldta914

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi,

New here and began only recently with Game of Thrones...
I see myself going down the rabbit hole.
I see hot toys, etc and have come across things I would definitely want
Examples
Like every iron man suit (they are die cast, which is cool in and of itself)
Thanos...
Superman Wonderwoman
Deadpool
I saw a Blade somewhere
Heath Ledger's Joker
So - how do you even attain so many and able to keep up?
I have spent more money that I every would have imagined on the GoT figures alone
It's worry some because it's slightly addictive as well...
Advise, suggestions, input..or even hello? :)

Hey what's up. You are me 14 years. I started with Palisades Devastator statue. Then didn't buy much for a while, then about 2007 I went wild. MR Falcon, Snowspeeder, AT AT. sabers, blasters, got them then about 1/2 off but came to about $4,000. Then found SSC with Speeder Bike PF, SSC PFs, SSC dioramas, GG Star Wars maquetes, statues and just bought and bought. Then didn't take long until had to start to sell off statues.
Now I been getting out and have so many pieces I have to sell, shipping has gone up 4 to 5 X and resell market stinks now.

Just buy what you are going to keep and don't be like me and others and buy so many pieces you wont keep

Keep your boxes. I was made fun of for first buying this stuff and then by keeping the boxes. I was smart to keep them, you need them to sell.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the response.

I do keep the boxes, because throughout time and seeing anything previously, I knew boxes were a must
Older toys call for being sealed in packaging - does that apply here? because I don't see it as practical or sensible for what these are.

It becomes a slight "gambler's addiction" because so many are "limited" and "exclusive" releases, and you can pass and the value jumps - or you go broke buying every one and they don't.
At this point I am only in it for me - but when I see what some things I would have gotten (had i known about this earlier) shoot up, the temptation to buy more than one is there as well. The ones I have, I want - but I wish I had doubles to sell if they go up... :(

Welcome to the Freaks :wave

No you don't need to keep things like Hot Toys in their boxes. As long as you keep the figs in very good condition and keep the boxes, oh and keep the boxes in good condition. Best thing is to put the figs in a sealed cabinet, so dust cant get to them, try not to handle your figs too often. This will cause general wear and tear to the fig, to the body, cloths, paint apps etc.

I have been able to sell a few HT figs pretty easy, if there is a small defect though, like a missing button, loose body or a slight paint rub, etc. Then you will need to state this before selling. So keep the things in the best condition possible.

No they don't, that just goes for figures that you have to tear open, those you leave unopened, statues and Hot Toys are made to be opened and you must open them to inspect.

so many pieces I didn't buy go for so much now. Original Hulk PF 2005 was $325.00 now goes for $2,000.

great that you keep the boxes. so many and I was one state they wont sell but most do.

also keep dust off them, dust builds up and not fun to try and get it off.

Good to know - because I am not collecting these just to keep them in a box lol

Welcome to the Freaks :wave

No you don't need to keep things like Hot Toys in their boxes. As long as you keep the figs in very good condition and keep the boxes, oh and keep the boxes in good condition. Best thing is to put the figs in a sealed cabinet, so dust cant get to them, try not to handle your figs too often. This will cause general wear and tear to the fig, to the body, cloths, paint apps etc.

I have been able to sell a few HT figs pretty easy, if there is a small defect though, like a missing button, loose body or a slight paint rub, etc. Then you will need to state this before selling. So keep the things in the best condition possible.

Appreciate the welcome & advice.

@twelveinchfigures
I wanted to make a quick note to let you know this is what i needed to see and thank you for the time you put into sharing- I am going to re-read when I get home

Hello and :welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Back