Media ARCADE 1UP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ehollywood

Super Freak
Reaction score
They just teased both TMNT and Marvel Super Heroes Mini Arcades during E3. Yes!

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fandyrobertson%2Ffiles%2F2019%2  F06%2Fcabs.jpg

https://youtu.be/8DWc8LDDHBw

"These extend Arcade1Up's line of replica arcade machines. Each matches the original machine decals and use arcade components, but stand at just under 4ft. Previous games have included single player Space Invaders and Galaga, two-player Final Fight, Street Fighter II and three player Rampage. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be the first Arcade1Up machine to provide four players on one cabinet.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will retail for around $349 and Marvel Super Heroes will come in at $299. They will be available later this year."

I modified the street fighter cab into Rasberry PI and it is a fun little box. The turtles cab is nice because it has the extended deck for 4 player, although it would be a crap show with 4 people in that scale of a cab.

Well worth the additional investment of less than $100 bucks to get 4,000 arcade games, the riser is a must to get it at a comfortable level.

About a year ago when these were first announced, I had plans to get one or two. But instead, I bought a Raspberry Pi and upgraded an X-Arcade Tankstick. Now I can play just about anything I want on my TV. Doesn't have the same appeal that a stand-alone arcade cabinet would, but the 1-up games are too small, and I didn't know they could be upgraded as Hokitwo did.

That Turtles plus Turtles in Time cabinet would be worth the price if it were slightly larger though. I agree the controllers will be too close for anyone other than small kids to be able to play comfortably in 4-player mode.

Turtles looks great, these go for significantly less then retail on Offer Up, even brand new ones. Will probably pick up turtles and a few arcade licensed stools if they are still making them.

Still hoping one day they will add a light up marquee option.

Wow. Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men: Children of the Atom in the same cabinet? That's awesome. Though Punisher being the third game is a weird choice. You'd think they'd put a Marvel vs. Capcom game to round it out.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 should have been the third game on that cabinet. Why Punisher?

I love these. I played the Asteroids one with a riser and it really did feel like an arcade. I like that the widened TMNT control panel will allow more room. I'd probably only ever have three people playing it max which should allow enough spacing between players.

Wow. Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men: Children of the Atom in the same cabinet? That's awesome. Though Punisher being the third game is a weird choice. You'd think they'd put a Marvel vs. Capcom game to round it out.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 should have been the third game on that cabinet. Why Punisher?
For awhile, my understanding was that it was hard to get licensing for Capcom Marvel games, but that is not apparently a problem here. My guess is a Marvel Capcom/Marvel Capcom 2 cabinet could be released in the future. That actually makes some business sense, to space out the fighting games. And MVC2 has been very difficult to emulate, so if they can do that, I suspect it will be a massive seller.

I'm not interested in these, but at least this one has that unique controller to make it worth it.

I look at them including Punisher as just an extra; like karamazov80 said, MvC and MvC 2 (although wasn't 2 on Naomi hardware?) would make a better combo.

Maybe will grab the Star Wars one. Should resist though because if I do I know I'll want Pac Man and Mortal Kombat.

Apparently they said the Star Wars cabinet will be “under $500.” So, $499? They are doing a couple cocktail cabinets at $499 so I wouldn’t be surprised. At that price I’m not sure I could justify it. But definitely getting that TMNT cabinet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently they said the Star Wars cabinet will be “under $500.” So, $499? They are doing a couple cocktail cabinets at $499 so I wouldn’t be surprised. At that price I’m not sure I could justify it. But definitely getting that TMNT cabinet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing around $350-$400
Even then, you'll easily be able to find them heavily discounted at Walmart after they've been released for a min. Some of my buddies are grabbing their cabinets for $150 and cheaper.

Just an FYI, if you scavenge brickseek you might be able to find great deals at local Wally Worlds. I have picked up 4 machines at $74 each over the past week. It could also end a being a huge waste if your time too, fair warning.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Back