Media Insane deal on XBox Live Gold and Game Pass for E3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwedishHeat

Super Freak
Reaction score
For all the XBox players out there, you may have heard they just announced Game Pass Ultimate, which combines the Gold and Game Pass subscriptions into one $14.99 per month subscription. They are running a promo right now where you can get the first month for $1. That's pretty great, right?

But it gets better, if you already have Gold and/or Game Pass, it will convert your existing subscription for both into the Ultimate for just $1 at the remaining time left.

So, extend your Gold subscription out to 3 years, which will put it out to 2022, then sign up for Ultimate and pay $1. Now you have Ultimate for the next three years, and you don't pay again until 2022

Essentially, pay it all up front and get Game Pass and Gold for less than $5 per month for the next three years.

What exactly do you mean 3 years? Do they give you credit for the ones that you've already paid for?

You don't have to do three years, you can do three months if you want, but to get the best deal, you lock in for longer. And yes, when you sign up for Ultimate promo, it converts your Game Pass and/or Gold subscription to Ultimate for the remainder of whatever the term of your current subscription.

In my case, I had a month of Game Pass left, so when I bought two years of Gold, it converted my two years of Gold and 1 month of Game Pass into an Ultimate subscription that lasts until August of 2021

Guess I'll have to look at it tonight when I get home and read it thoroughly. Your initial post didnt exactly explain the whole 3 year thing. I believe I know what you mean now. Thanks for the heads up. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Deal still works - I didnt have any game subscription - just gold that was expiring in november - So I purchased a 2 year gold today at costco for 95$, then signed up for the 1$ ultimate promotion. It says that I have xbox game pass ultimate until december 2021 - and wont be charged again until then - which is erotic!

Deal still works - I didnt have any game subscription - just gold that was expiring in november - So I purchased a 2 year gold today at costco for 95$, then signed up for the 1$ ultimate promotion. It says that I have xbox game pass ultimate until december 2021 - and wont be charged again until then - which is erotic!

Wow, two years for $95 is awesome. Way to make a great deal even better.

Back