Tiny Hairs/Dust on Statue Under Glass

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ductapenguin

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello,

I apologize if this has already been asked... I've recently acquired the 1/3 scale Kitana statue from Popcultcha, and they're absolute beauty. She lives under a glass dome with a base, but I'm have a really difficult time getting every bit of dust/tiny hairs off her. I've probably lifted/closed her glass temple over 50 times (not exaggerating) and only ever touch her with latex gloves and gently blow on it, but I was just wondering if it was better to just accept that there might always be some sort of dust particle on it, or if I should keep trying until I get it perfectly.

I've also noticed that if you shine a bright light on her that you can see almost pencil marks... is that normal?

Again, sorry if this has been asked, but trying to get it 'right' is sapping almost all the fun out of the hobby and slowly driving me to insanity.

Have you tried an air duster?

dd076825-6dd3-4b6b-a3fa-313235e11cc8.jpg

If you can see tiny marks on the surface when you shine a bright light onto it, then the easiest thing to do is not shine a bright light onto it.

I have not used an air duster, I was worried it would damage the paint.

I guess I'll just leave it as is. Thank you for the suggestions though :)

I have not used an air duster, I was worried it would damage the paint.

I guess I'll just leave it as is. Thank you for the suggestions though :)

Giottos Rocket Air Blower (used by professional photographers to clean camera lenses) & a makeup brush can do wonders

Giottos Rocket Air Blower & Makeup Brush.jpg

I'll look into those, I think the rocket duster has potential. Thanks a lot for the help and suggestions, it is greatly appreciated : D

Back