Who's been a member here long enough to remember 'why you deserve?' What are some fun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
This title probably wont make sense to anyone at all haha. I'm 28 next year have been on here since I was 15 if I'm not mistaken. It seems bizzare. I remember Figure Master Les and us all putting in a pot to get his mum a new chair. I remember the youtube golden days when P!tu was putting up videos when the first hot toys avp alien v predator figures were out. I remember statues and figures costing next to nothing compared to what they do now. The board seemed so much friendly and busy back then. What are some of the funniest things you remember about this place?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This title probably wont make sense to anyone at all haha. I'm 28 next year have been on here since I was 15 if I'm not mistaken. It seems bizzare. I remember Figure Master Les and us all putting in a pot to get his mum a new chair. I remember the youtube golden days when P!tu was putting up videos when the first hot toys avp alien v predator figures were out. I remember statues and figures costing next to nothing compared to what they do now. The board seemed so much friendly and bust back then. What are some of the funniest things you remember about this place?

I remember how many were screwed over by "Figure Master Les"... not so funny.

I remember the Kurgan thread, last one to post wins thread, the Medicom is better than Sideshow wars, the joke thread and vaguely remember two members who met at this forum and got married.

I remember the Kurgan thread, last one to post wins thread, the Medicom is better than Sideshow wars, the joke thread and vaguely remember two members who met at this forum and got married.
haha oh yeah I remember the marriage now too. Crazy.

From my own experiences I remember my early arguments with thenammagazine. He really worked me into a fury behind my keyboard :lol I sort of came to an understanding with him though and would later find some of his insults hilarious.

Oh, does any remember Selektiv? He was banned countless times and would just keep setting up new accounts trolling every section of the forum with threads about how NECA was superior to everything else. As a NECA fan myself it was pretty embarrassing that someone was doing this, really brought us into disrepute. :lol

Last edited:
Who remembers Shai and his posts with womens arses next to his statues? There was also the rumour he was Dave's cousin haha.

The Kurgens...pffft...bunch’a bullies. :lol

Yep, I remember all that. It was a really fun forum for years.

My favorite times were the waiting for and discussing the Sideshow Exclusive 1/6 Star Wars preorders and the mad scramble to get one. Fried the server many a time at SSC.

TheJosh and the doilies placed under the figure stands after being opened - todays modern day 'unboxing video '- I came here from the BTVS boards

Hard to believe those were the “good old days” when we were worrying about priority pre orders and figures costing a whole $50! Up from $40 figures! :lol

Heck, I remember $20 Sideshow figures. Even got one on clearance for $7 at Media Play once.

I remember feeling like a newbie for the longest time, because I wasn't around in the days before this forum was this forum.

From my own experiences I remember my early arguments with thenammagazine.

Oh, does any remember Selektiv? He was banned countless times and would just keep setting up new accounts trolling every section of the forum with threads about how NECA was superior to everything else. As a NECA fan myself it was pretty embarrassing that someone was doing this, really brought us into disrepute. :lol
That was one persistent son of a gun.

I remember getting screwed by Les and by that other guy (what was his name?) who made a Joker hs with a licking tongue.

I remember buying my first HT (Cruise in Mission: Impossible), my first $40 Sideshow figs (look at their prices now with not so much better quality).

I remember the excitement for selling a few hs in the custom board here

Good times...

Now, SSF is but a shadow of what it used to be...

Yeah for sure the Sales forum was great back in the day. Another thing I remember was the buzz from TDK on release. Unfortunatley in hindsight that seemed to be the beginning of the end lol.

I've been here so long, that I wasn't screwed by figuremasterles and have a Hicks head he did on my Hot Toys figure. It doesn't quite hold up to Hot Toys quality these days, but it was pretty great back then.

I remember some guy from Canada that sold large volumes of Hot Toys figures for awhile and became a trusted reseller. He ended up screwing over lots of people too, but I narrowly missed that situation too and got my original Dark Knight Batman and Joker from him with no issues.

I remember one of the bikini women shai posted next to his statues had a bit of a poop stain and it was kinda gross.

Excellent nostalgic thread topic! Most of memories have already been covered here...
I too remember the Figure Master Les debacle and P!TU. I actually got to meet him and many others including Darklord Dave back at the 2008 SDCC. I actually won an AP General Greivous PF at the after party! They had lots of good prizes back then and free drinks too! Fun times...

Back