1/6 Hot Toys - Knights of Ren [SPECULATION]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Futurion

Super Freak
Reaction score
Knights of Ren confirmed. I couldn't care less about new trilogy anymore, but those Knights designs looks promising. So what are the odds HT will bring them or at least some of them to 1/6?

star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-15.jpg

They're a bit bulkier looking than I was hoping. The concept art showed them as more elegant looking. Would want The Monk the most (the one with his back to us), and the one behind JJ's left shoulder (the leader by the looks of things). Anyway, getting big Mad Max: Fury Road vibes with theses guys.

Doesn't look like Star Wars at all.

That is consistently one of the dumbest critiques I see regarding any new SW film. You've got this supposedly massive galaxy filled with all sorts of races and planets and cultures, of which we've only seen a sliver on screen, and any time we're shown something new, there's always someone that says "doesn't look like Star Wars."

It's like looking at pictures of a tribal village in the middle of Africa and saying "That doesn't look like Brooklyn."

That is consistently one of the dumbest critiques I see regarding any new SW film. You've got this supposedly massive galaxy filled with all sorts of races and planets and cultures, of which we've only seen a sliver on screen, and any time we're shown something new, there's always someone that says "doesn't look like Star Wars."

It's like looking at pictures of a tribal village in the middle of Africa and saying "That doesn't look like Brooklyn."

Probably the same people who complain that the designs are uninspired and lacking originality.

Evening CupcakeMcGraw, and relax.

I'm not critiquing that the new SW films aren't bringing in anything new or interesting. In fact I think they've been pretty much spot-on in terms of capturing the campiness of the OT aliens in the ST quite well (most of that could be attributed to the veritable return to practical effects). I just don't put the designs for the KOR in that same category. I see them more as a science-fiction, steam-punk, over-embellished versions of futuristic Mad Max villains than some pious enforcers of an ancient order of Force-wielders - if that makes sense.

Keeping in mind of course, this is my take on them. Clearly others see differently.

I definitely need to get a better look at them and their weapons, but my interest is peaked. And HT love cranking out masked figures with weapons so this is a good bet. You never know, they may make all of them and make collectors everywhere cry out in peril.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'd love to have all 6 to flanking Kylo but i fear i'll have to raid Howard's office and grab the prototypes in order to do so.

They're cooler than lobster guards.

These guys are about the only exciting thing about this movie for me at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's hope they make at least 2 of these guys as, for me at least, it's not really worth investing in a new Kylo, Rey and Luke, as they look almost exactly the same as in previous films. Only better head sculpts could tempt there. Other than that none of the new characters look that appealing. The new bounty hunter is kind of cool looking, but no chance HT will make that. At this stage I'm thinking Poe and a couple of KOR to represent Episode IX and complete the ST Detolf.

Let's hope they make at least 2 of these guys as, for me at least, it's not really worth investing in a new Kylo, Rey and Luke, as they look almost exactly the same as in previous films. Only better head sculpts could tempt there. Other than that none of the new characters look that appealing. The new bounty hunter is kind of cool looking, but no chance HT will make that. At this stage I'm thinking Poe and a couple of KOR to represent Episode IX and complete the ST Detolf.

Yep same for me. But the KOR need to be extremely cool........Ok they probably will be.

If JJ uses them as poorly as the Raid guys on Hans freighter in the first film then it'll be a no go.

Kylo looks to be a bit similar to the first costume with the wrapped arms. Looks pretty cool. That first look was always the best imo.

How are they going to redeem Hux ? Probably pretend TLJ didn't happen.

Finn really likes to ride animals !

Yep same for me. But the KOR need to be extremely cool........Ok they probably will be.

If JJ uses them as poorly as the Raid guys on Hans freighter in the first film then it'll be a no go.

Kylo looks to be a bit similar to the first costume with the wrapped arms. Looks pretty cool. That first look was always the best imo.

How are they going to redeem Hux ? Probably pretend TLJ didn't happen.

Finn really likes to ride animals !

They've been built up for the last 2 films (well, they were kind of mentioned in TLJ) and JJ always seemed to be quite excited by the idea of them. He was even floating the idea of making a spin-off film/series about them, wasn't he? After reading some of the Makingstarwars stuff it does seem they're quite pivotal to the overall story. Then again best to have a little caution and see the movie first before deciding.

It seems Hux is being redeemed by making us notice him, by sticking Richard E. Grant in front of him. It's a shame really as Domhnall Gleeson is a talented actor.

Maybe Rose gets the bullet early on and Finn wants to ride a weird cgi horse like thing in tribute to the wonderful scenes they shared together.

They're cooler than lobster guards.

Not setting the bar very high but I agree. They would have to be shockingly impressive in the movie to purchase though. The chances of me buying anything from this film are very slim.

Back