Most Realistic 1/6 Female Head Sculpts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenpanda

Freakalicious
Reaction score
What would you guys say is the most realistic female head sculpts ever produced?

I have plenty of excellent male head like Jack Sparrow but found the female character head sculpt in general to be a lot inferior.

For those with sculpting knowledge, is it simply because female face are more complex and difficult to get right?

Or is it that male characters dominate popular culture and sells a lot more, so the better sculptors, resources and time are devoted to them?

It depends on what you’re going for. Do you want real people portraits, or just nice head sculpts that look good?

VeryCool, YMToys and TBLeague all make decent female head sculpts. Hot Toys, of course, makes some of the most realistic — if not always spot on to the intended actress.

Hot Toys’ Belle (another Emma Watson)
Wonder Woman Training Armour

Believe it or not....Star Ace's first Hermoine Granger.

Haven't thought of that one at all but googling the pictures it does actually look quite realistic to her at that age.

I was expecting this thread to be completely dominated by Hot Toys.

Good first call.

It depends on what you’re going for. Do you want real people portraits, or just nice head sculpts that look good?

VeryCool, YMToys and TBLeague all make decent female head sculpts. Hot Toys, of course, makes some of the most realistic — if not always spot on to the intended actress.

Hot Toys’ Belle (another Emma Watson)
Wonder Woman Training Armour

Yes, all about realism for me.

Its difficult to make a nice head sculpt but doubly so when its a face that everybody is familiar with and you notice all the subtle details and nuances.

Agree about Wonder Woman Training Armour which I have.

Captured Galdot to a tee.

Not sure about HT Belle as some pics on the net seem to show the sculpt making Emma Watson looking too old and generally just slightly off somehow.

Need to see the real thing to be sure its not the lighting.

EG Black Widow would be my No.1

Although we don't have it in hand yet, HT are renown to do at least as good if not better than their promo material.

Would be even more realistic with rooted hair.

I have heard from a sculptor friend that females are harder to do as they have more delicate features and more complex, smooth and more subtle differences.

Although now that a lot of companies are starting to use Hollywood type 3D facial mapping software & 3D printer with digitised images - we should get much more realistic head sculpts going forward.

These software is one of the main reason why so many other companies are starting to catch up to Hot Toys.

It really help the sculptor from a starting base and could potentially replace them long term.

Potentially, if say Scarlett Johannsson agrees to the license and to be facially 3D mapped, then you will get a perfect rendition of her at any size.

Now if a company just pay an ordinary model to be facially mapped, then you can get some cheap, as real as you can get, head sculpts.

We might just be entering the Golden Age of 1/6 very soon.

3D facial mapping software?

Never thought of that.

Although I suppose with Hollywood studio's digital effects- this is a natural progression.

Technology always get cheaper over time.

So, I imagine these type of software are super expensive at the moment but overtime, it will eventually become mainstream.

And then all 1/6 quality should be raised.

Heck, what we now thought to be brilliant head sculpts will probably be considered quite lame in a few more years time.

I can definitely see head sculpts quality improving a lot across the board in the last few years.

3D facial mapping software?

Never thought of that.

Although I suppose with Hollywood studio's digital effects- this is a natural progression.

Technology always get cheaper over time.

So, I imagine these type of software are super expensive at the moment but overtime, it will eventually become mainstream.

And then all 1/6 quality should be raised.

Heck, what we now thought to be brilliant head sculpts will probably be considered quite lame in a few more years time.

I can definitely see head sculpts quality improving a lot across the board in the last few years.

...and sculptors losing their jobs.
m.

...and sculptors losing their jobs.
m.

Technology march on relentless. You can't stop it.

For the avaerage consumers, all they care about is to get as realistic a figure as possible at as cheap as can be.

As soon as 3D facial mapping becomes mainstream in the figure market, the bottom will completely fall out of the 1/6 market.

All those profiteers that bought Hot Toys for $300-400 figure will suddenly find they are competing with new figures that are a lot cheaper and photo realistic.

Tbleague SHCC Vampirella American Version head sculpt is very well done.
One of my favorites.

Back