Premium Format Sideshow Starfire Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
posted on SSC. Pretty cool loved her on original Teen Titans cartoon

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 342
  • sfss.jpg
    sfss.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
And of course she looks like a cosplayer dressed as Starfire. Hair and eyes are all wrong. Does anybody at sideshow even know who George Perez is? Because based off of the Deathstroker PF and now this cosplayer Starfire portrait....it sure as hell doesn't look like it.

115% totally classic or nothing?

Last time I checked a different topic, people are saying that cosplayers are looking better than the statue. Now, here it's the other way around.

Based on prior comments - I'm now waiting for comments about her chubbines and her over sexualisation. She is clearly not masculine or a weightlifter.

I think she looks great and that there will be two heads. Waiting for full reveal.

And of course she looks like a cosplayer dressed as Starfire. Hair and eyes are all wrong. Does anybody at sideshow even know who George Perez is? Because based off of the Deathstroker PF and now this cosplayer Starfire portrait....it sure as hell doesn't look like it.

The "New" Teen Titans begin and end with Perez for me- though I wouldn't mind a classic Cardy version of some of them either.

Sideshow should just use this to inaugurate a new line- Sexy Bimbo Cos-players.

I'm sure it will be wildly successful (sadly, I'm not being facetious).

It's a shame that the Icons figures are so small (1/10 or thereabouts) and have such sloppy paint apps and QC, because their version of Starfire is 99.9% Perez.

115% totally classic or nothing?

Last time I checked a different topic, people are saying that cosplayers are looking better than the statue. Now, here it's the other way around.

Based on prior comments - I'm now waiting for comments about her chubbines and her over sexualisation. She is clearly not masculine or a weightlifter.

I think she looks great and that there will be two heads. Waiting for full reveal.

If you like cosplayer statues, then more power to you. It looks like that's exactly what you are going to get. Yes, for me, the Titans begin and end with Perez. Hell, he only created Starfire, Raven, and Cyborg. He (along with Marv) are only responsible for ALL of the Titans popularity. Would anybody even know about the Titans if Perez never worked on the book? There is no other artist that is associated with the Titans like Perez. If you disagree, please name another artist/creator who is. Every Titan PF should begin and end with Perez's inspiration. Otherwise, we'll get more PFs like Deathstroker. As far as I'm concerned, sideshow can keep their cosplayer PFs. At least I won't start collecting yet another line that sideshow won't complete. What a waste of the 1/4 DC license.

To those who think this looks like a cosplayer, what did you think of koto's bishoujo starfire? Was that perez enough for you?

She looks pretty good but again it begs the question...where's Robin & other more iconic characters??

I mean I'm all for a Titan line up (would love a 1/4 scale Raven personally) but we still haven't had a single Robin or Nightwing from SS & both deserve statues before Starfire does.

Look forward to the full reveal though :)

Neil

Oh come on, that looks amazing. I love the metallic paint and the way she's sitting on her hair, hope they make it strong!

I like the character but I only have limited room and I am waiting (probably forever) for Nightwing and Robin. At this point, I'm sure SSC will make Stargirl or Terra or Abby Arcane or some other less recognizable character before these two popular characters.

Back