Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default MCU - Phase Four

Disney just released their movie schedule through 2027.
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/marve...movies-a168226

Disney+:
    Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Fall 2020
    WandaVision, Spring 2021
    Loki, Spring 2021
    Hawkeye, Fall 2021

Films:
    Black Widow, May, 1 2020
    Eternal, Nov, 6 2020
    Shang-Chi, Feb, 12 2021
    Doctor Strange 2, May, 7 2021
    Thor 4, November, 5 2021

Unannounced:
    February 18, 2022
    May 6, 2022
    July 29, 2022

Buckeye Nation
    Feedback
    15 (100%)

It ain't the years honey
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    I'd say May 2021 is Guardians 3 and November is Doctor Strange 2.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Of the announced movies so far, Doctor Strange 2 is the only one I have any real excitement for.

Super Freak
    Feedback

May 1, 2020 - The Eternals

November 6, 2020 - Black Widow

February 12, 2021 - Black Panther 2

May 7, 2021 - GOTG Vol. 3

November 5, 2021 - Doctor Strange 2

February 18, 2022 - Shang-Chi

May 6, 2022 - Captain Marvel 2

July 29, 2022 - Ant-Man 3

Quote Originally Posted by matticus View Post
    My guesses:

May 1, 2020 - The Eternals

November 6, 2020 - Black Widow

February 12, 2021 - Black Panther 2

May 7, 2021 - GOTG Vol. 3

November 5, 2021 - Doctor Strange 2

February 18, 2022 - Shang-Chi

May 6, 2022 - Captain Marvel 2

July 29, 2022 - Ant-Man 3
    If so that is absolutely boring. I’ll watch black panther 2 but anything after that is a pass

The Eternals movie has so much potential.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I'll watch Doctor Strange 2, because I like both Strange as a character, and think he's got room to grow. You can do Abstracts, Demon Lords, whatever you can think about. And with MCU Magic being a bit more "sci-fi", it's got an interesting world. It's not just cobwebs and poorly lit hallways. It's got a "clean" aesthetic that's different from the rest of the mostly bland MCU movies. You get a feeling that sure, it's magic, but it's not the same old tropes, you get me? In fact, I like that better than 616 Strange. I read his books back in the day because I liked his personality, but I never really liked magic across media. Same reason why I still haven't finished Hellblazer. I like John, but Tarot Cards and animal innards that predict the future take me out. But I like "magic" as in "the next step/plane". It's how Hickman used him in his saga and it was right up my alley, so I'm glad the MCU is more or less that. I know people hate it and wish for a more classic and "old-school" type of magic, but I like it.

Apart from that, I'll catch GotG Vol.3 but... that's it, really. As time goes on, I find no real joy in the funnybooks, past or present, IPs or what-have-you. Phase 4 is just the leftovers, and I find nothing worth liking in those lists. Phase 5 and onwards will be Muties. And God, do I loathe the Muties. I liked them back in the day. Bright costumes mixed with tacticool, weird sci-fi and hawt babes. You had the Brood, the Shi'ar, Mojo, Clones, AUs, Ancient Aliens, Space Gods and all that. But somehow, eveyone just wanted to be "mature", so they took a poorly thought-out concept, and ran it to the ground. They got so far up their own asses with their "allegory", that the books became unreadable from the 2000s and on. You'd be lucky to get one or two sci-fi stories per year across all X-Books. The rest are "sure I hit 15 and then burned down the school because I got an erection, but **** YOU AVENGERS YOU ****ING NAZI SCUM **** REGISTRATION MUUUUUUUUGAAAAAAAAA" ad infinitum. And heck, even in their heights it was just a soap opera with a thousand spin-offs that repeated the same stories in the span of a year, mixed with Claremont's fetish of the week and wordswordswordswords. The only characters I still liked by the start of this year, were Fantomex (I used to watch a lot of French stuff because of my folks, so I liked his faux-French persona, and plus, he was a cyborg master thief with a cool costume; I enjoyed the weirdness) and Jean Grey (she was a beautiful redhead who was pure and sweet and kind but also wasn't some civvie or boring "pew pew" character), but they went ahead and dropped a nuke on her (hint; she became a slut of the highest caliber) so...

Anyway, I'm rambling again. All I'm trying to say is, I stopped watching those flicks back in 2016. I fast-forwarded through the next because I cared about Iron Man. With the whole old guard gone, I'm not interested in anything new. Especially since "holier than thou and unreasonable ****s who are also walking WMDs" are the next "Big Thing". I'm more excited for the tv shows on Disney+ or whatever the hell they're calling their streaming platform. Call me when they make a proper Punisher show or movie. I guess the F4 movies might be good if they don't ruin them with any awful casting or stories. Same goes for Silver Surfer, or Nova, in case they make that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Super Freak
    Feedback
    DS2 and GOTG Vol. 3 is the only ones I am looking forward to. DS2 was said to have Nightmare as the villain, which should be great. Adam Warlock and Thor makes Vol. 3 instantly appealing.