Statue Chronicle: 1/4 Dilophosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoBE

Super Freak
Reaction score
aa77cbbfc8fd458f6213db2d6a2a7414.jpg

Unfortunately, it’s Chronicle, the paint app in the final production piece will be poor.

You living in the past? Sick trike and vocalizer turned out well

Unfortunately, it’s Chronicle, the paint app in the final production piece will be poor.

You're correct. I've purchased their 1:1 endo bust, 1/4 endo, breakout rex, and 1/5 female rex bust. All with subpar paint. I only have the rex bust left because I'm going to have it repainted.

You're correct. I've purchased their 1:1 endo bust, 1/4 endo, breakout rex, and 1/5 female rex bust. All with subpar paint. I only have the rex bust left because I'm going to have it repainted.

Yeah, that’s all old stuff. And they never did a 1:1 Endo bust, only the 1:2 one

Yeah, that’s all old stuff. And they never did a 1:1 Endo bust, only the 1:2 one

They made a 1:1 Endoskull, that was first advertised as a bust but was really just the skull and top of the chest. Also the 1/5 female rex is less than a year old, i would hardly call "old stuff."

You living in the past? Sick trike and vocalizer turned out well

Sick trike looks bland and too dark in my opinion and the grass on the base looks cartoonish.

Yesterday I unboxed an Owen+Blue statue and it has the same problems as always. Flat skin colour, too tanned and lack of detail.

What annoys me the most is that they charge as premium high end brands, way off their league. It’s a shame, because sculpts are usually pretty good, but paint app is always very cheap.

Sick trike looks bland and too dark in my opinion and the grass on the base looks cartoonish.

Yesterday I unboxed an Owen+Blue statue and it has the same problems as always. Flat skin colour, too tanned and lack of detail.

What annoys me the most is that they charge as premium high end brands, way off their league. It’s a shame, because sculpts are usually pretty good, but paint app is always very cheap.

Agreed, their awesome sculpts are getting looked over by the paint. The only thing i have on order is the P1 Blue because I wanted the ex and had to go through them.

I'm not going to agree or disagree to anything contemporary, but the wife got the breakout TREX for cheap from someone who had wanted to repaint it and realized it was more than he wanted to get into. So she got it repainted at a pretty dsmn good rate.

To be fair before I finish this thought, I didn't see it fully painted as it was as parts were already stripped of their original colours, but what was there was very, very flat.

The new paint really makes the details in the sculpt pop. It's so bizarre to me that they execute such epic sculpts but dial it so far back on the paints. The paints are what takes it up to 11.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk
f1416cfa71eccc4cfad1033e63d304fa.jpg
da3df47a66f6e2481e40bda9195857a8.jpg
6a445303abd7f47a1844a9894d2b1675.jpg
42ca70a5f76fa6589fb0ed952e7a9976.jpg
11cf099f3c4fee51eb196f02f615d100.jpg

They made a 1:1 Endoskull, that was first advertised as a bust but was really just the skull and top of the chest. Also the 1/5 female rex is less than a year old, i would hardly call "old stuff."

That old endo bust was one of their first products and it did have a poor paint choice, it looked nothing like their US made full figure paint. They have stated they no longer use the "dot" factories so I am hopeful these new dinos start coming out better.

I wish this was half scale. $899 for quarter scale is premium. I do like the look of this, just not sure I want this scale.

Pretty sure the next human figure will be the companion piece Nedry holding a stick.
The frills are good enough. Don't forget the Dilophosaur is in motion so rattling.

Pretty sure the next human figure will be the companion piece Nedry holding a stick.
The frills are good enough. Don't forget the Dilophosaur is in motion so rattling.

HAHA that would be cool.....

"no wonder your all extinct, I'm going to run you over when I come through"

You can say that again. Unless you're planning on paying for repaints this thing is going to turn out mediocre.

Back