1/6 Fire Toys A025 Selina Kyle Anne Hathaway Hot Toys Copy Catwoman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenpanda

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Fire Toys have a new 1/6 Catwoman that is suppose to be a copycat of the Hot Toys version.
Set for release in 2 months time.

It is suppose to fix a lot of the orginal version's problems:

less fragile goggle
real leather in some places instead of flaking poor quality pleather (although it seems to indicate the majority fo the suit will still be in cheap pleather)
better articulation
better paint app to the head sculpt.
and most importantly - a lot cheaper! at £89 for pre-orders

10_09cbccf5-da5a-413c-93f4-cf27b79150dc_1024x1024@2x.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-orde...m34079f12d0:g:m~sAAOSw9LRcoH3u&frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-orde...m3b2e81e13e:g:bp0AAOSwcT1coH3r&frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIRE-TOY...m443a1fc9ea:g:DSAAAOSwAr9co9hA&frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-orde...m41fe1abc89:g:bp0AAOSwcT1coH3r&frcectupt=true

Fire Toys seem to have very good reputation with their previous figures.

And I noticed as soon as this came out, the old Hot Toys Catwoman on Ebay started dropping in price or not selling.

What are people’s thoughts about pre-ordering from these suppliers?

It is supposed to come out in two months so should be covered by Paypal 6 months dispute.

***I realise I may have posted to the wrong thread earlier at "What is everyone hoping gets made in 2019". Can a mod delete the old one thanks**

Re: Fire Toys Catwoman

Thread title is kind of misleading. I was hoping for Returns Catwoman and not TDKR.

There is nothing misleading about the thread title (unless it was altered in the meantime). I, too, would like "Batman Returns" Catwoman, but that doesn't mean every thread title with "Catwoman" in it is suddenly "misleading" simply because it's not the Catwoman I want.

What are people’s thoughts about pre-ordering from these suppliers?

Is there any reason to pre-order? Just wait for it to become in stock and available, they're not going to sell out before the release.

The way I see it, there's no upside to pre-ordering, and plenty of downside. An "estimated release" of 2 months from now can easily stretch past 6 months, by the way.

I've been screwed by pre-ordering before (by Monkey Depot, not by those Ebay sellers in particular)

No, I haven't altered the thread title.

I think there is just not that much love for the Anne Hathaway version and everybody wishing for Pfeiffer :)

Thanks for the advice Haytil.

I suppose it was the cheap pre-order price (RRP is actually £120) and the short wait that got my trigger finger itchy.

Plus Fire Toys previous work on the Joker and Princess Leia was just so damn good.

This seem to be one of the upcoming company that is getting very damn close to Hot Toys level sculpting.

Hopefully more of these competitors will keep Hot Toys crazy pricing in check.

I was going to buy a second hand HT Catwoman a few weeks earlier at about £150 /$200.

Obviously not really a smart move to pay near RRP price for a 6yr old figure (I believe it was released in 2013) that has or about to have major pleather / rubber flaking problem.

Yeah, I'm glad you posted this. I'll probably pick one up as well - I'm concerned about flaking on my Hot Toys Catwoman.

It's not that I don't trust Fire Toys, but overseas sellers are the one's you're giving your money to - make sure you're protected (pre-orders aren't).

Haven’t experienced any flaking on my Catwoman. Yet....

Haven’t experienced any flaking on my Catwoman. Yet....

Can I ask how you maintain it?

Although my Chem Major friend insist to me that it is inevitable that all pleather / rubber compound will degrade over time fairly quickly.

Apparently, You can only slow down the process to a small degree unless you have very expensive professional museum level type of equipments.

He reckons my Hot Toys figures will on average, have roughly a 8yr shelf life from production before I start seeing peeling and flaking which really scares me.

It definitely makes me re-evaluate spending so much on something that has such a short shelf life.

Although I suppose some collectors will feel its enough value to enjoy the figure for that length of time.

I haven't ever had any issues with my TDKR Catwoman. The suit still looks great.

Can I ask how you maintain it?

Although my Chem Major friend insist to me that it is inevitable that all pleather / rubber compound will degrade over time fairly quickly.

Apparently, You can only slow down the process to a small degree unless you have very expensive professional museum level type of equipments.

He reckons my Hot Toys figures will on average, have roughly a 8yr shelf life from production before I start seeing peeling and flaking which really scares me.

It definitely makes me re-evaluate spending so much on something that has such a short shelf life.

Although I suppose some collectors will feel its enough value to enjoy the figure for that length of time.

I have it in a regular dust proof case, but that’s it.

I haven’t touched it since I bought it; and I don’t have and bent limbs so there’s no creases in the outfit anywear. It’s not museum posed it’s just neutral.

As for the longevity of HT, yes, I have pulled back on buying a lot of figures due to how they break down. I think I’m moving more into statues down the line, and be more selective about what HT figs I do buy based on the materials used.

Shelf dive, my old Catwoman's goggles are smashed and glued up... light flaking, if this is cheap might consider picking up a spare. Worst case the HS is crap, can still reuse the original HT head on the new body

I almost bought this but figured I would wait for in hand pics. They also have a Bane figure which looks pretty good.

I almost bought this but figured I would wait for in hand pics. They also have a Bane figure which looks pretty good.

I was looking at this Bane figure other day. It does look pretty good, but it seems like the arms might be a little smaller than the HT version. I guess if you display it with the coat, then it wouldn't matter.

I was looking at this Bane figure other day. It does look pretty good, but it seems like the arms might be a little smaller than the HT version. I guess if you display it with the coat, then it wouldn't matter.

Yeah that Bane looks good, may bite. It looks as though it's utilizing a worldbox body.

Ordered from Giantoy. Seems like a solid figure for $110. Might pick up Bane as well.

Direct from their website?

Surely ordering from EBay will give you better protection with Paypal for 6 months.

Anybody have experience of Giantoy?

Direct from their website?

Surely ordering from EBay will give you better protection with Paypal for 6 months.

Anybody have experience of Giantoy?

I ordered directly from their website using the $19.99 deposit/rest when the figure ships option. And I've ordered from them before and they are awesome. They use a lot of bubble wrap before boxing and ship fast. Plus they usually offer the best prices.

Darn, just got the original version a couple weeks ago!

Darn, just got the original version a couple weeks ago!

Can I ask how much you paid?

It would definitely be risky to pay RRP for a near 7yr old pleather figure.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

My wife collects a lot of pleather and leather handbags.

The pleather stuff always goes 4-6yrs depending on how thin it is (The thinner it is the less bonding material and glue needs to breakdown for it to flake)

With treatment or keeping it away from sunlight - maybe hitting 8yrs.

Definitely worth paying that little extra for real leather.

Once it starts to flake, then its too late so worth treating it straight away.

Tyler1234, I take it that's your Catwoman figure in the pic.

Did you not treat it then?

I think Haytil's advice is probably the most sensible.

You might as well wait 2-6 months to see how the actual figure turns out.

It's not as if the HT Catwoman will shoot up in price in the meantime.

If it does address all those previous HT problems (the goggle for a start!) or is at least on par (not exactly difficult to do as the original sculpt was not that great anyway), then the older HT Catwoman will tank in price.

Although I probably still wouldn't get the original Catwoman as any flaking is inevitable and it will look unbelievably lame to display a flaking Catwoman.

Back