House of GOG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thainitty

Super Freak
Reaction score
New high end statue/collectible company with a first release coming soon, just wanted to share because this looks incredible to me!
A1188504-5922-4661-8BB1-DAFB9440BDE5.jpg40D49A71-6550-4F26-8799-E6E81148C8C5.jpg0C4D9A64-C5CB-48E6-8C57-7E5650AEA012.jpgC8034C36-F4A8-4972-90A6-C7EDB5564F10.jpeg9CC1025E-8815-4753-A187-D6B47EB66B3A.jpg
100% high-quality polystone resin statue
Handcrafted & hand painted
Limited numbered edition: Edition size TBD after pre-orders
Signed by hand by Pascal Blanché (featured artist)
Exclusive to houseofgog.com
Included:
2 x heads (1 x traditional Moon Clan bone helmet & 1 x blademaster tech visor)
2 x weapons (1 x pulse rifle & 1 x blademaster harpoon)
1 x base for extra head & weapon display
1 x Moon on a separate base
Small high-quality art print
Metallic collector card
Collector art box
Certificate of authenticity signed by House of Gog founders
Product dimensions & weight:

With Moon: Height: 18.75 inches (47.63 cm) x Width: 10.5 inches (26.67 cm)
Without Moon: Height: 16 inches (40.64 cm) x Width: 10.5 inches (26.67 cm)
Weight: 15.43lbs (7kg)
Sizes & weight are fair approximations
Prototype shown. Final product may differ slightly

Price: 780US$
Payment plans available
Preorders open in about 2 weeks. Date TBA shortly
I am Gog, launch promo: The first 50 pre-orders will also get a hand sketched illustration by Pascal Blanché (signed)
Don’t like waiting? We got you, Moonstone wave 1 is almost ready to ship!
Available exclusively on houseofgog.com
Ships worldwide.

Follow House of Gog on social media via @houseofgog on here, Instagram & Twitter.
Subscribe House of Gog newsletter via www.houseofgog.com
Stay tuned for more announcements and content in the coming weeks.

It looks pretty close to the illustration and the extra portrait is really cool looking. I really like it.

I just wish I had the money and space for it.

Same here, I know they will have some payment plan options but I’m not sure I’ll be able to afford it right now.

Actually I only need the supercharger, intercooler, driveshaft, and wiring and it’ll be ready to rock and roll! :hi5: hows your ride

Nice! I've been driving a lot lately in the wee hours of the morning all over the L.A. area when no one else is on the road. RR drives better now than it ever has. Post pics in the show your ride thread when you can, would really like to see what you've done. :duff

Nice! I've been driving a lot lately in the wee hours of the morning all over the L.A. area when no one else is on the road. RR drives better now than it ever has. Post pics in the show your ride thread when you can, would really like to see what you've done. :duff

Will do man :wave

$780, is a LOT of money for this.

Looks nice, but $780 is too much for this.

It looks like the collectible industry is the new gold rush.

:thud:

It's insane how closely this matches the original art. I want to get this so badly, but I really need to watch my spending right now.

I hope these guys consider making smaller, more affordable pieces in the future. This is an amazing debut and they seem like they genuinely care about art and the industry... I would love to support them if I could.

Wow, she looks just like the prototype! :gah: This makes me want her even more.

It seems like with many collectible companies (especially one in particular, cough), getting a product that actually resembles the proto is a huge gamble. We pay good money for these things, only to receive something that's not quite as advertised. Yet we put up with it because we're used to it and figure it could always be worse. Or we simply don't want to go through the hassle of having to return it. Either way, it's still a huge problem and it's caused me to lose interest in the hobby as of late.

Seeing these pictures gives me some hope. You guys are a brand new company and you're able to deliver a killer product, so why can't these other companies do the same? It's baffling.

It looks great, really, it's also not an overly complicated paint app. A lot of the pieces in this hobby are hand finished overseas. Domestically it would cost more. There are many factors why something something can come out poorly or close to proto, 2 of the biggest being how a particular project is handled from beginning to end (and all that it entails) or difficulty going from proto to production. Most of those reasons just being manufacturing in general. That's how I see it, reading the same complaints in different threads across multiple scales/licenses. When you're churning out product in that high of a volume you will run into manufacturing issues especially when dealing with a hand finished product. And it's not just SSC...

What's killing it for me is the price and space. But that does look good.

Poor choice of words. Overly complicated meaning not a lot of different colors or fine line work (webbing, etc..) with additional objects on the base.... This essentially has two colors, with all the brush work, shading, wash(es), etc. Still looks great and I like the presentation.

My comment on what's killing it for me is the hobby in general, not this piece specifically. Though I do like the more independent feel and thought on this.

Thanks for taking on this project. I first saw Blanche's work in a FB post in the sci-fi and fantasy art group. I was so impressed I immediately bought an art print of one of his pieces. The colors are amazing and you have done a great job with this statue.

Please consider doing this piece next:

https://www.amazon.ca/Pascal-Blanché-Derelict-Planet-Blanche/dp/2359470337

Note to those considering ordering, the shipping is 135 dollars.

Last edited:
I just unboxed my Moonstone piece and wanted to comment on the quality of the figure.

First, the factory paint looks great, very faithful to the pics online and the original art. If you are a fan of the Blanche artwork then this is a no brainer.

Second, the paint is also done in a scheme that really makes it pop. Typical SS PFs look quite drab in comparison. Now I know the art style is completely different here but I really like it.

Third, one doesn't often comment on the boxes but the box here is easily the nicest I have seen. It is thick cardboard and double layered in a way that really feels like quality. Note, don't think you can leave the styrofoam inside the bottom of the box once the top half is removed. The foam does need complete removal because there is a double layer of the pieces itself.

Two minor critiques: 1) the stand for the background moon is a tad small. It stands but feels a bit wobbly given how large the moon is, 2) one of my heads did come damaged. HoG sent emails as pre-orders shipped about the fragility of the statue and I am confident a replacement head will be coming.

I didn't get a sketch because I didn't order in time. Though I did receive number 25 of 400.

All in all, this is a great piece and I can't wait to see what piece they have planned next.

Thanks

I ordered my Moonstone statue last week.
This is my third statue thus far (I?m very new to the collecting game)
Let me just say that their service is amazing! Their responses are quick and they cleared up any concerns that I had.
Love their work and the art style (Pascal Blanch?)
Moonstone is an incredible piece and I cannot wait to have her in hand😁

Looking forward to seeing their next piece!
Keep up the great work guys!!

@all of the 1st 50 buyers: Give me a Signal when you want to let it go. Would be interested buying it. Europe Location would be highly appreciated

Hi cstojano :)

Thank you for your write up and critique. We are happy you like your Moonstone!

1- In regards to the Moon, although she is a bit "top heavy", I would suggest you make sure the translucent rod for the Moon is pushed all the way into the moon base and the moon itself. It should be stable and not overly "wobbly". It was very well designed considering how heavy it is.

2- As for your damaged alt helmet, it's unfortunate, but if you have reached out to us, you must have had a reply from our CS already. Make sure you send us email ASAP if it hasn't been done yet. But know that we will send you a replacement for your alt helmet; don't worry, we got you covered 100%!

Finally, if you have 025/400, you should have the hand sketch from Pascal. Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] so we can discuss this further and sort this out.

Again, thank you for your trust in our brand and congrats on your HoG art statue!

-House of Gog

Really, the numbers of the statues match the first 50 orders? That's great. I didn't even open the envelope because I didn't want to break the seal. Should the sketch be inside the large sealed envelope?

Back