Union Creative - Venom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesdot

Freaked Out
Reaction score
no actual scale was given but the statue stands at 400mm and is made from PVC

slated to release sometime this August...

Attachments

• venom9.jpg
    venom9.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 374
  • venom8.jpg
    venom8.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 381
  • venom7.jpg
    venom7.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 391
  • venom6.jpg
    venom6.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 405
  • venom5.jpg
    venom5.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 405
  • venom4.jpg
    venom4.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 391
  • venom3.jpg
    venom3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 391
  • venom2.jpg
    venom2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 395
  • venom1.jpg
    venom1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 396
Looks anywhere from 1/6 to 1/4 scale to me (depending on the version of Venom you like). Great details too!

I'm kinda diggin this statue, especially the transformation head ( I wish it was a little smaller but that's just my preference). Do these things have any weight behind them? Or is this going to feel like cheap crap?

Looks cool. Need to know if it has weight for me to consider

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm kinda diggin this statue, especially the transformation head ( I wish it was a little smaller but that's just my preference). Do these things have any weight behind them? Or is this going to feel like cheap crap?

Sometimes the legs of these figures are filled with resin or foam for additional support, but the overall piece ought to be lighter than your typical resin or polystone statue.

I don't see anything wrong with PVC as long as the price reflects the use of it. In this case, it does; UC's Venom looks to be about 1/4 scale and yet costs a third (perhaps a quarter) of what this scale would normally run for in traditional materials.

If companies don't pull a Sideshow and charge the same amount for plastic that they do for polystone, then this is a great way to get large, detailed pieces at lower prices. I've been a longtime X-Plus collector and wish more manufacturers would adopt the format, albeit in an honest and transparent way. Easy on the eyes and the wallet.

Not like there aren't any hollow polystone statues either. ;)

Last edited:
Sometimes the legs of these figures are filled with resin or foam for additional support, but the overall piece ought to be lighter than your typical resin or polystone statue.

I don't see anything wrong with PVC as long as the price reflects the use of it. In this case, it does; UC's Venom looks to be about 1/4 scale and yet costs a third (perhaps a quarter) of what this scale would normally run for in traditional materials.

If companies don't pull a Sideshow and charge the same amount for plastic that they do for polystone, then this is a great way to get large, detailed pieces at lower prices. I've been a longtime X-Plus collector and wish more manufacturers would adopt the format, albeit in an honest and transparent way. Easy on the eyes and the wallet.

Not like there aren't any hollow polystone statues either. ;)

Nailed it. This piece is how you price a large PVC statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Price looks good for this size. I always said SSC should have priced the Swamp Thing maquette in the $350-$400 range due to the material they used. That price would have intrigued me (instead of the $800 they went with which was outrageous).

is this 1/4? Looks like it.

I haven't seen a scale. To me, it looks like either 1/6 (if you think Venom is huge compared to Spidey) or 1/4 (if he is more in line with Spidey's size). I know there are different versions in the comics.

I haven't seen a scale. To me, it looks like either 1/6 (if you think Venom is huge compared to Spidey) or 1/4 (if he is more in line with Spidey's size). I know there are different versions in the comics.

yeh Venoms size changes

I don't think where OP got his info but this is a soft vinyl figure released by Sentinel Toys. BBTS has it for pre-order

Back