Need suggestions on a Chinese Assassin Swordsman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rain89c

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am trying to make a custom Chinese Assassins Swordsman (Wuxia style) with the stance on the right image (photoshopped). Currently, I am using PopToy's Shadow Ninja as base. The problem is the articulation is hindered by his top (the under shirt, not his chest guard, that is bendable) his arm cannot bend to that extent (due to his top material), also, I am looking for a two finger pose. Does anyone know where where I can find similar looking top outfit that is more flexible to bend + the two finger hand seal hand?
wuxia_chinese_swordsman.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find a hat similar to the one below?
8030312394_29929d95b2_z.jpg

I would also like to change his pants (in black + more baggier than the current one I am using) and boots to something similar to the photo below.
1_6_scale_costume____new_dragon_gate_inn_1992__by_monster815-d684wnx.jpg

Also, the Poptoys Shadow Ninja body type does not seem to be able to pose naturally. Can anyone recommend a realistic good posing body?

Any suggestions appreciated!

EDIT: Did a bit more research and I think the combination of the three below are what I am looking for.

O-Soul - Xiu Chun Dao for his boots + outfit style (flowy and lower class, not imperial) and perfect length of what I am looking for, except I would need to dye it all black, I do not like the stripes and blue tones. Does anyone know how I can do this safely? Are these material ok to dye? Will the dye last a while or will they eventually fade?
1__22137.1476827746.1280.1280.jpg

Inflames Water Margin's Bamboo hat + Gourd for the accessories.
A039__23529.1521234201.1280.1280.jpg

O-Soul - Sima Yi Warrior Version's under outfit (full black). My concern with this one is that it looks too imperial and long, which is the opposite of what I am going for. However, the color is perfect and style looks very good and I can just foldup some to make the length shorter. The thing is with Sima, I dont know what type of boots and pants he's got underneath, no video/image reviews from peeps of him so far.
os-1812p12__80430.1538598800.1280.1280.jpg

If you guys know boots that are similar to O-Souls' Xiu Chun Dao and his outfit I can use without having to dye, please let me know.

Boots can be either Xiu Chun Dao's or something similar. I am down to buy just his boots only if anyone has.

Mods, if possible, can this thread be moved to the General Collectibles - Action Figures section? I feel it may be more appropriate and more active, thanks! Sorry for the trouble.

Back