Three Zero Game of Thrones Joffrey Baratheon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChigsHakko

Super Freak
Reaction score
Up for pre order on 29th April. Exclusive is the Widow’s Wail sword. Looks good but not sure about the uncrowned hairpiece. Doesn’t quite look right. Instant pre order for me though.

F08E30F5-A580-41CE-B8A0-982689C76CBF.jpeg

A2EFDC99-A460-465D-B76C-C7A3D0EFBD9D.jpeg

520D6166-B754-4EAF-93E9-90419B70FD54.jpeg

E2AD1D43-F85B-470A-83E5-A6EC1833B2BD.jpeg

Why would you want him uncrowned...?

Anyway, looks great! Are there any advantages to preordering direct from ThreeZero?

I haven't ordered directly from Threezero in a while, but there used to be three advantages to ordering direct: 1) free worldwide shipping; 2) access to deluxe versions of figures that were available exclusively at Threezero's website; and 3) free t-shirts. The free t-shirts never factored into my buying decision and they may not offer them anymore, but it was an extra for no additional money.

I stopped buying directly from Threezero for two reasons: 1) shipping is free for a reason--almost every box I received that was shipped directly from Threezero was mangled or partially crushed (both the shipper box and the figure box inside); the figures were fine though; and 2) other merchants like BBTS started carrying the deluxe versions of the figures within the last couple years. BBTS shipping is cheap at $4, so it made sense to get a respectable box for a slight increase in price, but that benefit is reduced now that BBTS is charging sales tax for buyers in my state. However, I'm aware of other merchants offering free shipping and the deluxe versions of figures, so I choose to avoid Threezero's website and get a box in better condition for the same price as buying direct.

I'm glad Threezero finally realized it was stupid to only sell the deluxe versions of figures on the Threezero website. Unlike Sideshow, which offers some of its Sideshow exclusives for the same amount of money as the standard versions, Threezero's deluxe versions cost more than the standard versions. If Threezero offered deluxe figures for the same price as the standard figures, but only on the Threezero website, then I'd still consider buying from Threezero despite the risk of mangled boxes. Until then, I'll buy from somewhere else.

Hopefully like other recent deluxe releases by ThreeZero, Sideshow, Popcultcha and other retailers will carry those versions as well.

Haven't the deluxe versions always been available through other retailers? It was the Threezero exclusives that were only available on the website and I think the last one was Daenerys.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think he looks great! So I guess Widows Wail is the Ex and not the crossbow. I guess either one would make some sense. The switch out hair piece looks a bit wonky but it's not terrible. Kinda reminds me of the HT Bespin Luke switch out hair piece. The likeness is strong and he has the most interesting outfit out of the bunch thus far just because of the colors. I do worry about the scale though.

And boy, they REALLY need to make that Iron Throne available. Didn't someone hypothesis, or claim to have knowledge, of why it's not for sale?

Anyway, looks great! Are there any advantages to preordering direct from ThreeZero?
Pretty much everything Rydeck said. Besides the free shipping, and Exclusive ( but SSC carries those now, thank the gods) you'll he among the first wave to receive the figure. You'll have to wait a couple more months if you go through other retailers. But, as you know if you've seen my previous posts, ordering through three zero direct may have put a permanent bad taste in my mouth due to the horrible customer service I received with the Arya figure. I can not imagine those things happening of I went through SSC. Admittedly this could generally be an isolated incident, but it happened to me and now I can't unthink it. I'd rather go through SSC and wait.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The 29th? When's the release date? Q4 2019? Anyway, I'm in....

tenor.jpg

Attachments

• Joffrey-Clapping.jpg
    Joffrey-Clapping.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 321

There is no reason not to order from them.... unless your order gets lost in the mail or screwed up by them. If you have to deal with their customer service you have a big problem. Better to go through a US retailer I think, at least you know that you will definitely get the item you paid for.

I haven't ordered directly from Threezero in a while, but there used to be three advantages to ordering direct: 1) free worldwide shipping; 2) access to deluxe versions of figures that were available exclusively at Threezero's website; and 3) free t-shirts. The free t-shirts never factored into my buying decision and they may not offer them anymore, but it was an extra for no additional money.

I stopped buying directly from Threezero for two reasons: 1) shipping is free for a reason--almost every box I received that was shipped directly from Threezero was mangled or partially crushed (both the shipper box and the figure box inside); the figures were fine though; and 2) other merchants like BBTS started carrying the deluxe versions of the figures within the last couple years. BBTS shipping is cheap at $4, so it made sense to get a respectable box for a slight increase in price, but that benefit is reduced now that BBTS is charging sales tax for buyers in my state. However, I'm aware of other merchants offering free shipping and the deluxe versions of figures, so I choose to avoid Threezero's website and get a box in better condition for the same price as buying direct.

I'm glad Threezero finally realized it was stupid to only sell the deluxe versions of figures on the Threezero website. Unlike Sideshow, which offers some of its Sideshow exclusives for the same amount of money as the standard versions, Threezero's deluxe versions cost more than the standard versions. If Threezero offered deluxe figures for the same price as the standard figures, but only on the Threezero website, then I'd still consider buying from Threezero despite the risk of mangled boxes. Until then, I'll buy from somewhere else.

Thanks for that.

I just got the Deluxe White Walker for $170 shipped so I know the deluxe versions are available on ebay for a time. Joffrey definitely needs that Widows Wail.

A pretty nasty character so glad to add to the Lannister shelf. Looks great also.

Yeah definitely one of the most unlikeable characters in TV history. An evil, nasty little ****. Literally zero redeeming qualities. Every episode I wanted him dead. Why do I want this figure again? :lol

Yeah definitely one of the most unlikeable characters in TV history. An evil, nasty little ****. Literally zero redeeming qualities. Every episode I wanted him dead. Why do I want this figure again? :lol

:lol :exactly: He was awful wasn't he!! I wished him dead on many occasions too! :lol This figure looks great though - think I may have to get him to go with the rest of the Lannisters!

Hate this prick...that being said I'm all in on this line so I'll be pre-ordering him.

The actor did a brilliant job with this character! I couldn’t help but hate him and like him at the same time. :lol

Yeah definitely one of the most unlikeable characters in TV history. An evil, nasty little ****. Literally zero redeeming qualities. Every episode I wanted him dead. Why do I want this figure again? [emoji38]

Yeah, a thoroughly petulant and deplorable character, but I still enjoyed the performance and his interactions with people. Pretty much any scene with Tyrion/Joffrey or Tywin/Joffrey is gold. He's sadistic and evil, but he's also a pathetic cowardly loser so there's room for laughs.I don't get this feeling with Ramsay Bolton. Now that's a figure I think may be a pass if it were made.

Kid did an awesome job of making us hate him. That's acting.

I wish the expression better represented that angry, malicious spite that he oozed.
The characterization you see on screen is pretty accurate to the books. They did a fantastic job with casting. He killed it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back