The Boys TV Series (Amazon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimcap

Super Freak
Reaction score
Based on the comic book series written by Garth Ennis.

tb.jpg

The show is good so far, a lot of gore & adult themes.

Do they show women's nipples or dudes hanging dong? That seems to be just about the only thing you can't do on basic cable. You can say the F word...you can show bare ass naked people, but you gotta digitally remove that horribly offensive nipple, cause think of the children!!!

This is on some streaming service though right?

The comic book was a HARD R. It was basically just sex and gore and poop humor. I enjoyed it, but it got to be a bit much, especially the story arc called "Herogasm." It was just Ennis trying to out-Ennis himself and it started getting tiresome.

I also thought the conclusion was unsatisfying, unlike Preacher. Also, of the main five heroes, only two of them even had real personalities. The black guy, the French guy, and especially the mute Asian chick don't really do or say anything through the whole thing.

The Simon Pegg character was the most fleshed out and likable. Apparently he gave permission to use his likeness but they must have thought he was too old when they finally made the show.

I read the books and that was enough for me....don't think I'll be tuning in to this one. It was never even close to the level of quality that Preacher was, but just like TV ruined that beloved book, I'm sure they'll find a way to ruin this one too.

Give it a try Otomofan, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I binge watched the whole damned thing. It was very good, eschewing Ennis' more juvenile traits.

Give it a try Otomofan, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I binge watched the whole damned thing. It was very good, eschewing Ennis' more juvenile traits.

Yes give it a try I'm 4 episodes deep and it great so far. Does anyone else get an Anthony Mackie/Falcon vibe from A-train?
Also thanks to this show, we now know what happens to the human body should the Flash or Quicksilver run into it while hauling ass.

Binged season 1. Never read the comic, but series is fantastic IMO. An irreverent take on the genre and also a timely look at our current political, corporate and cultural landscape. Well cast, well acted, sharply written, and nice art direction (costumes are quite cool with the exception of Meave which looks like bad cosplay). Some characters don't get much development, but it's a large cast to balance and only S1. They seemed to have done a nice job getting a lot out of their budget. The TV level effects are quite serviceable and lots of location shooting. Hopefully they'll be given more $ to expand their world building (underwater for example), additional CGI (ex. a couple of CGI characters), and at least one or two big set piece fights. Not something I think needs to go beyond 3-4 seasons, but looking forward to S2.

Bonus: Watched this on my Oculus Quest as Amazon launched their VR Prime service just in time.

I'm on episode 5 and really enjoying it.

Initially I thought it was going to be a satirical comedy and wasn't that interested but I'm pleased that they keep with a more serious tone most of the time while still including satire.

Just finished it last night. I never read the comic, but thoroughly enjoyed this show. Very well written and I really enjoyed how they tied the supes to the corporate world and how that might play out.

Very much looking forward to S2.

I'm surprised the guy that plays homelander hasn't been in more stuff, he's a great actor.

Wow, amazing final episode and season overall.

I'll be supremely disappointed if this doesn't get renewed.

Back