Deterioration on statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NielsVV

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi collectors,

I collect action figures to date. I have many 1/6th scale action figures from companys like Hot Toys, 3R and Dragon in Dreams (DiD). I am very careful with my toys and make sure that they are never in direct sunlight. Despite my good care, I have noticed several times that some figures are getting old-age symptoms. Any leather clothing that is ripping, rubber that is ripping etc.
I am therefore considering stopping to collect these and only collecting resin/PVC statues.
Is it true that statues stand the test of time better? Does anyone have a statue that starts to break down after many years? Paint that is coming off? Or maybe something else....?

Thanks,
Niels

I have been collecting off and on for 10+ years and am also concerned about this. That being said, most of my statues have held up extremely well except for where there were lightup or other electronic features that can fail. The more complicated the piece, the more room for issues in my opinion. Mixed-media worries me in particular.

Polystone will be last forever. If you are looking for extremely long longevity collectibles, you buy those statues.

Yo better get on yo knees and pray for the polystone god for forgiveness. Toys are for kiddies/children and statues are for Men.

I dont collect 1/6 figures any more because of this. Most of these $300 figures look amazing but are made of cheap 10 cent materials from china and will eventually degrade and fall apart. Some of my old SS 1/6 figures have this issue with faux leather flaking off or rubber falling apart, etc.

Also one of the reasons why I HATE the Premium Format mixed media stuff.

I dont collect 1/6 figures any more because of this. Most of these $300 figures look amazing but are made of cheap 10 cent materials from china and will eventually degrade and fall apart. Some of my old SS 1/6 figures have this issue with faux leather flaking off or rubber falling apart, etc.

Also one of the reasons why I HATE the Premium Format mixed media stuff.

Do you then only collect statues because of this?

Do you then only collect statues because of this?

yup. havent bought a 1/6 figure for years now. last one was probably TFA Captain America

I hardly even buy PFs unless they are all polystone like the wolverine PF.

Back