John Boorman’s Excalibur (1981)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timemeddler

Super Freak
Reaction score
My take on King Arthur from John Boorman’s Excalibur. Coo Models Imperial Knight chromed, with a 3rd party Winter Soldier head with rooted hair. I’ve ordered another head to add the beard for an older Arthur, and I intend to replace the plastic headband with a real brass one too.
F3097B71-AAED-48A7-96FB-43C5D879401E.jpg

My take on King Arthur from John Boorman’s Excalibur. Coo Models Imperial Knight chromed, with a 3rd party Winter Soldier head with rooted hair. I’ve ordered another head to add the beard for an older Arthur, and I intend to replace the plastic headband with a real brass one too.
View attachment 450908

I think I just peed a little.

Very cool, man. On my wish list for someone to produce

Looks Fantastic! Excalibur is my favorite Arthurian film.

Looks really good. Are you doing a Merlin also. I liked how crazy Merlin was in the movie. Excalibur is an awesome movie.

Wowwww, that is a fantastic figure, with glimmering armor like the way it was depicted! Excalibur is one of my favorite 80s movies that I watched multiple times in the theater!

Yes, I love Excalibur too. It’s the ONLY Arthurian movie, as far as I’m concerned!! And watching it for the first time in the late 80s as a teenager, it was certainly a bit of a saucy thrill too :yess:

I would love to do a Merlin, but I think it would probably be far too much work and very difficult to source all the parts. This one was relatively easy, in the grand scheme of things...

And I am trying to get a movie accurate 1:6 scale Excalibur made from Steel & Brass, but I’m still waiting and there seem to be a lot of issues going down on the production end, so I’m not sure I’ll ever actually see it :pray:

Here’s the template with the measurements I sent him, followed by the production designs that he drew up for me. I hope it’s not the closest I’ll come to owning the real thing...

DBCAEEE4-90B6-423D-8E85-5890D038B739.jpeg
0B5D901E-62D5-4B01-B8B3-8A46A396BF38.jpeg
05D2347E-BB54-419E-98D9-1EB64D98C3CD.jpeg

Timemeddler, you achieved that chrome finish with paint markers?!? Incredible! I may look into that for some of my projects!

Amazing! That result from a paint marker?! I’ll have to check those out! Thanks for the response!

Back